Search the forum,

Discuss TR2 Room Thermostat in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have an old room thermostat TR2 , was fitted by BG along with the RD532i combi boiler ( worcester bosch Benchmark type ), do i need to replace the thermostat for an exact same make & model ( TR2 ) or can I replace with a more accurate LED display type ?? ( new TR2 seem's to be approx £100 , expensive for a room stat ! )

No it doesn’t have to be like for like. Safely remove the cover of the thermostat 1st to check how many wires are inside, I’ve known them to be 2 wire, which you would be better suited to a 2 wire thermostat. This is to keep temperature swings at bay.

Please do not remove the cover on the boiler unless you’re a suitably qualified engineer (gas safe in the uk) as this forms part of the combustion circuit.

Honeywell 6360b as you might not have a neutral at the stat

Reply to TR2 Room Thermostat in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
Ive moved into a house with a worcester greenstar 35 HE plus boiler in the garage. The TR2 thermostat controller is hanging loose on the wall in the living room, and is faulty. I want the TR2 replaced with a controller i can set a timer on, either digital or mechanical, the TR2 has three wires...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm having issues with my wireless Honeywell thermostat. It's sat in the living room, set at 18C currently. It makes my Worcester Greenstar 18Ri to short cycle. So, the moment it gets cold outside my boiler works for about a minute, then stops, and starts again in about 5 minutes, then...
Replies
Views
Hi, I live in a really remote part of the Highlands, so paying for a plumber (or electrician?) to do this will be brutally expensive, so I need to do it myself. I have a Grant Combi 26e boiler. I'm replacing the old thermostat with a new one. Although the boiler is a combi, I think the old...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’m writing on behalf of my elderly neighbour and hoping this is a problem someone on this forum has experience of and remedied. The boiler was not responding to the wireless thermostat. The various settings on the thermostat seemed fine and 3 heating times and temperatures were...
Replies
Views
F
Boiler is a Worcester Boch Highflow 440 with a TR2 room thermostat. This is an old style bimetal stat and I want to replace it with a digital one, e.g. Honeywell DT90E1012 two wire. Is this going to be possible? I'm assuming that the current three wires are Live, Live Signal and Neutral and...
Replies
Views
Frank Noton
F
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock