Search the forum,

Discuss Roofer needed Vert Flue Kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmheat

Gas Engineer
Hi all

Can anyone recommend a roofer in herts/essex that does this and what kind of charge am I looking at for pitched and flat installs?

Obviously just the terminal and flashing kit/making good.

Dont much fancy doing it myself.

Thanks all

Dan

I pay a roofer £50 cash to stick the verticals in for me on pitched (never done a flat one.)

I just do it myself, no point paying a roofer to do it.
Buy yourself a ridge ladder and away you go.

Been on a roof once, fitting a flue liner, something that genuinely couldn't interest me less.

Im not doing it again, although I appreciate your point, hence the thread

I cant recommend anyone in that area, but the going rate seems to be about £100-150 for them to do it.

I'm in kent and yes I seriously only pay £50 cash. I push a screwdriver up where I want it and he makes it happen. If i do it it takes an hour or so by the time I've set up etc plus the extra fuel costs for having a roof rack etc. takes him 30-45 minutes tops. In the mean time I'm getting on with plumbing and stuffs.

well I did now I don't need to worry about any of that

I'm in kent and yes I seriously only pay £50 cash. I push a screwdriver up where I want it and he makes it happen. If i do it it takes an hour or so by the time I've set up etc plus the extra fuel costs for having a roof rack etc. takes him 30-45 minutes tops. In the mean time I'm getting on with plumbing and stuffs.

well I did now I don't need to worry about any of that

You were getting a very good deal, I cant get a roofer to do anything for under £100. I would still rather pay that than get up on the roof myself though.

I wouldn't trust a roofer to do it correctly. Not even the roof part. Paid one once to do a built up field job, he just glued a mac flash down. What a *****. I use the rigid top hats and cut back and layer mineral my self. Pitched roof I'm like a rat up a drain pipe,

The guy I use is excellent, fits the one I supply for £35 or for special requirements he can make bespoke a one from lead.

Not worth getting the ladders off the van for that.

I don't blame you at all. I'm not keen on roof work, always gives me a squeaky bum! The bit where you step on and off of the roof ladders is the worst. £50 well spent if you can avoid going up there.

If I can get it done for £50 then I'll be fitting verts a lot more regularly! Baring in mind I live just outside London I'm anticipating £150 odd though. I've emailed about 10 local roofing firms for a quote....zero have replied. Silly really.

The guy I use is excellent, fits the one I supply for £35 or for special requirements he can make bespoke a one from lead.

Not worth getting the ladders off the van for that.
Blinding price. Post him up and where he is at. The forum could probably keep his pockets full at £35 a time.

How are all you guys getting roofers out soo cheap? I have found them to be the most expensive trade for a small job

Its only my simple mind at work, but if you sub out to a roofer and he falls off his ladder your right in the kack upto your eyebrows for letting him use a ladder. So my way round it is to hire a decent tower for £150 or so, use that, charge the customer accordingly and know the job has been done to the standard you want and the money stays in your pocket

Huh?? Why would it be your fault for letting him use a ladder? It's their job and their h&s compliance issue? That's like a customer getting in trouble for an rge using an out of calibration fga no?

Really?? What makes them a subby for an rge in this case? Is it because you've received payment from the cust to fit a vert flue, and then paying the roofer out of it? If that's the case can't you just give the customer the roofers number and tell them to call the roofer to arrange it? Voila! Customer arranges roofer,pays roofer,vert gets fitted,you return to connect it...?

Huh?? Why would it be your fault for letting him use a ladder? It's their job and their h&s compliance issue? That's like a customer getting in trouble for an rge using an out of calibration fga no?

because your the main contractor, its you who is signing off the whole installation so anyone working on it is your responsibility, no arguments on this one, just too few people realise their responsibilities out there. doesnt matter who pays who, and you can bet your friendly roofer will be suing you once he realises his broken neck will prevent him ever working again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow didn't know that! Luckily I've never drafted anyone in to do anythin for me! Working for large organisations all my career so far has obviously blinkered me a bit! Glad to know now though! Ok considering I have near enough no roof experience how do I go about this vert flue kit? I don't wanna lose out on getting the job...should I quote for scaffold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Roofer needed Vert Flue Kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock