Discuss Reverse circulation new build in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
should there not be a non return valve on the return as the return from cylinder where it tees in could go either way. just a thought

Sorry I meant to say he moved the pipe under boiler its the last t on the return now. I think its the Bypass but not sure.
The more common problem, rads getting on when HW called, due to rads returns not all being commoned before the cylinder return joins, has been avoided.
But you could still have the problem you describe if it's piped as my #36. If the zone valve feeding the top rads is closed, the other one open, the top rads will get warm, I showed the flow path. It only happens because you have zone valves. If just one auto valve fed all the rads, with TRVs to control temperature in different areas, it wouldn't happen.

Just had my first look at the photo of the updated pipework. I can't see anything major now wrong with the heating system pipes.
The cylinder tee in last on return, as you would expect.
(There can be some heat gravitating on a return where it keeps rising, like in the photo, if it has a path)
Only thing I can think of is there are more than one main tee off to a zone causing a loop going to the On zone.
But I need to think on it sometime I get time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Reverse circulation new build in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I'm a (somewhat, I hope...) competent DIYer and just want to get some advice if my suspicion on a problem we're having is correct...
Replies
Views
Hi could anyone give advice please ? I went to look at a new build for sale they are apartments/ one house on top of another all properties will...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just had my central heating system "upgraded" for a four bed-roomed detached house. The heating company recommended going from the open...
Replies
Views
Just had extension built with 1 new rad and 1 plumbed in towel rail. Since this was connected I have had problems with radiators getting hot with...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock