Search the forum,

Discuss Replacement for a mira excel shower valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Anyone got a good recommendations as a straight swop at a good price. For a new cartridge and Oring set it's £190. So if I can get a valve for this price which has 150mm centre compression connections would be better. Cheers fellers

from my local independent merchant last year, purple insert

I think you'll struggle to get it for £90. Merchant cost is over £100 + VAT.

However, shop round the internet, and you will probably get about £130 inc VAT but maybe a few quid delivery.

Still worth it though. If you gave me the choice between a second hand 10 year old Mira Excel, and any brand new shower on the market today for less than £150, I'd take the excel.

was a year ago and sorry plus vat, just assumed that every one would add the vat, merchants always assume that when they quote :)

However, shop round the internet, and you will probably get about £130 inc VAT but maybe a few quid delivery.

Still worth it though. If you gave me the choice between a second hand 10 year old Mira Excel, and any brand new shower on the market today for less than £150, I'd take the excel.
How do you rate the Aqualisa 609 then ?
Again the price for them seems to vary by a huge amount ?

How do you rate the Aqualisa 609 then ?
Again the price for them seems to vary by a huge amount ?

We haven't stocked Aqualisa for about 20 years, so my experience of them is a bit dated. When I saw the change from the brass bodied Mira 723 (or its fore-runner the Leonard 722) my feeling was that they had cheapened it, and the that the Excel would never last. However, I reckon it probably the most durable and reliable valve that we have ever sold. Not cheap mind.

Me too, The excel is a great valve, they also work brilliantly on gravity systems. The 609's seem to go though cartridges too much for my liking.

Don't get rid of the excel, bite the bullet and change the cartridge. Brilliant showers compared to some of the stuff you get now.

mira excel everytime for me works and doesnt fall apart in 2 years mine in doors is 15 years old and works great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacement for a mira excel shower valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Mira shower head. Does anyone know anything about this shower head (I will post pics) Its gotten a bit dishevelled, does it come apart easily & then just unscrew to replace with a different one ?
Replies
Views
Is there a direct drop-in replacement for a Mira 8 exposed shower mixer valve? My father-in-law says it was fitted 30 years ago. Spares no longer available. The critical dimension is the gap between the nuts that attach to each side of the valve body. Has anyone done this replacement?
Replies
Views
Hi. Could somebody recommend a Muslim shower valve that does not leak please? Or one that has a washer that you can replace if it leaks? Some sort of tap will be fine that you can connect the shower pipe to please, ideally in chrome? Many thanks in advance
Replies
Views
Hi guys , I want to install a Mira digital shower, Gravity fed system I have the correct shower, my cylinder is downstairs but I currently have an old type electric shower HOT and COLD fed from the loft on isolators . there's limited space in the attic to get to the tank but it looks like the...
Replies
Views
Hi there, so I have 0 plumbing knowledge here so sorry if I say the wrong things. Currently we have a Mira Moto Shower ( equivalent to Minilite) which we want to replace. Current pipe centres are at 110cm. We like our tiles and ideally just want to replace the shower as the mixer valve has...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock