Search the forum,

Discuss Renewables Roadshow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna be driving there from Horsham, could fit another in the van if anyone wants a lift?

I am going by train from kent. I can't afford to catch an earliier train have you seen the prices! Even catching a later train it still would be cheaper for me to drive there and pay for parking.
So much for govt commitment to environment.

I thought about the train but it's just too much hassle and won't really be any cheaper so will take the van!

Say hello if you see me!
I look exactly like my profile photo, well perhaps even more beautiful - red glasses and only 5 foot 2 - so you have to be looking down.
x

Although not much traffic on a railway I'd suggest it's rather too bumpy to take your van instead of a train. ..

Say hello if you see me!
I look exactly like my profile photo, well perhaps even more beautiful - red glasses and only 5 foot 2 - so you have to be looking down.
x

I'll keep an eye out for the beautiful short lass with red glasses then.

Well I won't be going to the renewables roadshow now as someone ran into the car this morning!

Hope you enjoy it Tara!

Would have liked to go but work comes first.
Did anyone find any info on the new c&g 2399 ?

Just got back from the roadshow, Anybody want to buy some pens!!
O that was you. I saw you taking all the pens and non of the literature. Good move, more of a profit to be made that way me thinks!

Did anyone find any info on the new c&g 2399 ?
Yes - it looked good I think, but my brain is swimming I'll look it up tomor.

For anyone who wants to know I went with Mr TP and we talked to almost every one! It was very interesting and we wanted to learn as much as possible. It is easy to get excited about the technology and the opportunities it might give to expand our businesses.

I noticed there are many, many different companies who will support you to get mcs accred.. With very different processes, support procedures and different costs. Being at the exhibition, one avenue we would not of thought about it the electricians' organisations also offer training.

The paper work, quality control management system - companies offer the whole package for about £250 to £400 and 1 day training so NOT too difficult.
Then there is the training & assessment for each practical element.
Then there seems to be registration and annual fees...
and insurance for this new area of work
and the costs just seem to be mounting up.

Then thinking about the customers. The cost of installing most of these technologies is really high with an incredibly long theoretical payback time. Hard to believe there are that many customers who want to invest their savings or have a loan to spend in this way.
I think some of the technology is great but... to expensive, even with government incentives, in my opinion.

Obviously this can be an excellent business opportunity for some people but I am not sure it is good for small companies or sole traders if you are already busy with what you already do.

I was thinking a qualification to train plumbers on the refrigeration aspect to enable them to work on the refrigeration side of things. I know this allready exists i.e. c&g 2079 but this is based on refrigeration and is too far away from simple heat pumps.

I was thinking a qualification to train plumbers on the refrigeration aspect to enable them to work on the refrigeration side of things. I know this allready exists i.e. c&g 2079 but this is based on refrigeration and is too far away from simple heat pumps.
I agree, this seems to be lost.

I think it is glow worm who do a heat pump which doesn't require F gas qualification.

I was speaking to a heat pump installer today who thinks you Dont REALLy need F gas to install heat pumps and he says he has fitted loads - I'm not sure if he was talking BS!

But I have read the small print on both WB & Vaillant, they both require F gas qualification.
We have worked with a refridgerant guy and Mr TP could not do what the refridgerant man does.

Some other heat pump systems don't need it and I wouldn't be surprised if they are increasingly designed as sealled systems so F gas not required.

I agree with what the facts are. My point is I have a refrigeration background and have been repairing heat pumps (refrigeration work) for years , For the past 8/9 years or so work has been massive for repairs in this area because fridge guys like me do frigde and air conditioning guys know nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Renewables Roadshow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock