Search the forum,

Discuss Remodeling home...consult architect or interior designer first? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeckyjil

DH & I are planning on remodeling our very tiny galley kitchen and adjoining family room by expanding out about 8 feet. The problem is, neither one of us has an eye for what goes together. We both know what we like/don't like when we see it, but just aren't creative enough to coordinate things on our own.

So, are we better off getting an interior designer's perspective first, or hiring an architect? Are architects trained in any way to help people decide on things like what countertop color looks best with a particular cabinetry color? On the flip side, would an interior designer be aware of things like plumbing & electrical requirements/codes? This is the home we plan on staying in for at least the next 15 years, until our children finish school, so we'd like to make it very much "ours".

Can anyone help? TIA!

I would just take your dimensions to places like B&Q Wickes MFI etc and let them come up with some ideas for free. If you then feel you need further advice regarding plumbing then I'm sure there are a lot of plumbers in your area who don't charge for advice. Good Luck

An architect can help you only if you change the structure of your house. In many cases removing a wall could weaken the ceiling or puting a strain on other parts of the stucture.

Contact first an architect [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/redirector.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.maurerconstructioninc.com"]Contractors San Diego [/DLMURL]
make sure your plans are safe and then contact an interior designer.
They are much more qualified to advice what looks good in your house.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Remodeling home...consult architect or interior designer first? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock