Discuss rayburn heatranger 355 wiring "help please" in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
so a while back i installed the above soild fuel stove and got an electrician to wire it as i do with all my jobs.
there is no room stat or programmer.
at first it was wired with a high and low limit stat on the gravity pipes by the boiler.
it was then noticed that rayburn include a low limit stat in the boiler on this model so the sparky went out and removed the low limit stat and wired in the internal one.
since then the pump does not stop running! i have had the sparky check his wiring and he insists it's right and says the stat in the boiler must be faulty.
The trouble is all the time this is going on i'm getting ear ache from the customer and if i get rayburn out i'm going to get charged if it's not a faulty stat!
so my question is does anyone have any idea what the issue is?, has anyone known the internal rayburn be faulty from new?

How about you get Rayburn out but agree with the electrician in advance that if the wiring is at fault, he pays for the call-out charge!? Perhaps ask the electrician to be present when the Rayburn service person visits?

Last edited by a moderator:
why no room stat and time control? its a requirement of part L.

pipe stats are normally just switches that turn on or off at set temps. So in theroy power comes into the stat and when the temp is is above the set temp it allows power to the pump. If the temp is to low it does not allow power through to the pump.

thinking out loud:
without time control and room stat the pump is only operated via your hi and low limit stats so one or both of them is switching live to the pump?? it should be pretty basic for a decent sparks to figure out if ones doing so and is faulty.

do Rayburn have a tech helpline? maybe give them a call and aks there advise before calling them out.

Last edited:
Agree with AW any sparky with half a brain could work out that? Both stats wired in series so pump come on when both are calling and off when not.

[DLMURL]http://www.rayburn-web.co.uk/Prodin/Rayburn%20current%20products/Rayburn%20355SFW/Rayburn%20355SFW%20instal%2010-09%20EINS%20515575.pdf[/DLMURL] look on page 4 for wiring only a plug is more basic!

[DLMURL]http://www.rayburn-web.co.uk/Prodin/Rayburn%20current%20products/Rayburn%20355SFW/Rayburn%20355SFW%20instal%2010-09%20EINS%20515575.pdf[/DLMURL] look on page 4 for wiring only a plug is more basic!

Didn't realise it was as basic as that! Figure 6 is self explanatory - you can test the thermostats with a multimeter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to rayburn heatranger 355 wiring "help please" in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back