Search the forum,

Discuss Radiator rattling even if closed off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sulking1

Hello,

i've got this horrible radiator that keeps rattling like a tapping noise when the heating is on, it will rattle every 20mins and even if i turn the valve off together with the lock shield it will still rattle ??

obviously it won't rattle when the heating is off

anyone help i'm going to try a flush or just replace the radiator but any suggestions its just one radiator in the main bedroom all others are fine.

thanks.

Hello

Could be expansion/ contraction creep, are the plastic inserts fitted where it hooks on to the radiator bracket?

Gary

Yes the inserts are all there, if i push onto the rad it still does it.

check and secure (with hair felt between pipe and any timber) the pipework leading to the rad and others near by.

it could also be another valve on the system causing small vibrations and that rad and pipework to it is just being effected most by it.

Last edited:
if it has a trv it could be one that flows one way only and is on the wrong way round, that makes em rattle like hell :)

Either pipe expansion when heating is on or single way thermostatic valve. try removing trv head if fitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiator rattling even if closed off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was not working. He changed both valves and still the radiator was not working. He put some chemicals in and said it should break up anything that is...
Replies
Views
I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the flow/return on each radiator so that I can then grab the right pipe to check which heats up first. There has been an extension done on this house at some...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that has previously been extended. In one of the bedrooms that has been extended there are 2 radiators, one which looks like it was fitted when the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a customer with a modern anthracite vertical radiator and a modern TRV and lockshield. The radiator makes a loud metallic bang from within the radiator, when it heats up and cools down. I have opened the lockshield fully, lowered the boiler pressure from 2.5 bar to just over 1...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed gas could be burned with a blue flame and the water was acidic (pH 5.5). Since then system has been chemically flushed (it was not too bad) and the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock