Discuss Quick check on regulations regarding meterbox in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plucky

Meterbox that is built into wall normally has installtion pipework through cavity with its own cone type seal.

Is it acceptable to drop the pipe out the bottom of the box so its run surface if that makes sense. So basically drilling a hole in the bottom of the meter box and running pipe out through that. Obviously out of way of test nipple and meter connections.

I have seen this done several times but wasnt so sure if it is deemed acceptable by regs.

Hi I'm going around doing landlord certs for a social housing company, I keep coming a cross new boilers fitted with the gas runs entering the top of the receded meter box.
i've alway taken the gas run down the side a drilled the bottom.
by drilling the top even if it sealed with silicon is that N.C.S OR A.R.
I was told its A.R.

If you are putting a hole in rear of box to run the gas pipe through and there is a pathway for gas to enter property you MUST use the provided spigot and seal round this completely.
If not done in this manner it is an AR situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Quick check on regulations regarding meterbox in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back