Search the forum,

Discuss Pump over run problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Tyrrell

Gas Engineer
Good evening, you fine people.
I have just been on a call where I found that the pump is constantly pumping over into the header tank and I can't come up with a solution at the moment so I wondered if any of you might have an idea or two :)
Basically, the boiler is downstairs and the unvented cylinder is upstairs, with the pump next to it. The F&E tank is just above the cylinder (less than 1 mtr).
Have a look at the photo and if anyone can help I'd appreciate it :)

what boiler is it?

It's a Danesmoor 32/50 oil boiler - and the pump is the correct way around but i think that it's before the vent and not after so that might be the cause.
If I can't work it out I'll just with the F&E and set it up as a sealed system

best bet if you could is pressurize the system and do away with the f and e tank

Hard to tell. But you might want to sort out that d2 discharge pipework while your at it!!

Thats shocking. Id make sure i checked over the whole installation if were you. Looks like your options are sealed system or moving expansion back to before pump by feed pipe. Id pressurize it i think.

The vent is taken off before the hot water motorised valve. Will pump over for sure.
Either needs vent teeing in before pump and an auto blpas between flow and return. Or just pressurise.

Thanks Chalked, that's what I was thinking, about the vent that is, but I'd forgotten about the auto bypass.
I'll have another look tomorrow but I think that I'm going to go for the sealed option.
Now to work out the vessel size - oh my, what have I just found in my GSR mag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pump over run problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock