Search the forum,

Discuss Pump over run advice please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

djh22

I've moved into a property with a Vittodens 100 boiler and I'm wondering if it's normal that the pump over runs continuously. The heat control knob on the boiler is set sorta midway at about 6 o clock and the tank stat is set to 50 deg. At the moment I'm only running the Hot water side,the heating is off via the room stat.
Any advice would be most welcome as the noise from the Grundfos is very annoying.

Thanks.

The 100 comes with a pump overrun lead. They quite often are nt even connected,( Viessmann are ok with that )
however your continually running pump is not necessarily the boiler controlling it , it maybe bad wiring , or a faulty 2 port.
You really need somebody to look at it for you .

The 100 comes with a pump overrun lead. They quite often are nt even connected,( Viessmann are ok with that )
however your continually running pump is not necessarily the boiler controlling it , it maybe bad wiring , or a faulty 2 port.
You really need somebody to look at it for you .

Thanks Townfanjon, I've put some trial and error time to it today and fingers crossed I think I might have solved it, I've turned the heat control knob up to the 60 deg dot mark and turned the system off at the mains then restarted it after 5 mins and it seems that the pump is no longer over running and actually cuts out a few minutes after the boiler cuts off.So I'm thinking that the pump was over running because the boiler wasn't reaching the temperature that the tank stat was calling for.
Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pump over run advice please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock