Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Pre-heat function on boiler question in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone I have a question which I hope to get advice on:
  • Live on 2nd floor flat
  • Boiler: Vokera Easi heat 25c combi boiler
  • Water supply: Incoming water for hot and cold water is via the mains water supply
  • Boiler on kitchen wall is about 10 metres from bathroom
  • Single mixer taps in kitchen, bathtub and bathroom basin
There is a pre-heat function on the Domestic Hot Water Dial on the boiler, I turned it on jus to see how hot the water gets and the water was the coming in at 55 degrees Celsius. When I touched the hot water flexi pipe it was roasting so my questions are:

Is it safe to leave the DHW setting on the pre-heat setting and what is the main purpose of it?
Will the flexi pipes be able to handle the hot water temp they are less than a year old throughout the flat.

Thanks for your time and any information would be great thank you :)

Pre heat function works by keeping the water upto temp so when you open a hot tap you don’t have to wait for it to heat up the water before you get hot water

Just turn the dial but it should be explained how to turn on and off in the instructions

Reply to Pre-heat function on boiler question in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock