Discuss Potterton profile in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destroyer2813

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Evening guys a customer of mine has just brought a new house with a potterton profile in it and was after an idea how old the boiler was but a bit before my time, was it the model b4 the suprima and help would be appreciated thanks

between 15 -20 years old IIRC,very important to check the inner (fume) part of the flue terminal they are prone to rotting away

Will get replaced eventuly just what they want/can afrord to do first nice blue bathroom at the minute and yellow cloakroom oh and a cylinder thats falling through the floor

Fine boiler,.simple technology..should last for years..

Don't most of the older ideals have a two digit number ie 98, in the top right hand side of the data badge stating the year it was manufactured?

Don't most of the older ideals have a two digit number ie 98, in the top right hand side of the data badge stating the year it was manufactured?
may well do tom but this is a potterton

I fitted a Potterton Profile in my 1st flat in 1991 !, cracking boilers. If they go wrong = fan/ gas valve very easy to work on.

The original boilers had White Rogers gas valves which I have being told are now obsolete.

Over the years they were called Netaheat Profile/ Profile and then Prima.

Well thats my Therapy sorted for the week. :6:

I meant to type potterton, I don't know why I typed Ideal. I know the primas and suprimas have the manufacture date on them on the data badge
sounds like you have had a run of knackered pottertons and ideals

the boards are the most prone things to go there and on netaheats

if they are a version of the netaheat are they positive pressure

Cheers for the info guys kinnda irelevent now as he now wants to replace it know instead of waiting a few months, but can take the info on board for the next one i see. Good tip Villa Tom found the year on the bottom tray made in 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton profile in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock