Search the forum,

Discuss Possible gas valve passing on ideal isar - but why is there no drop?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beesley121

Hi guys,

noticed a smell of Gas the other day outside in my garden, I have a LPG cylinder so thought it was that but then narrowed it down to my boiler. Seems the gas is coming from the flue so I'm assuming the gas valve is passing but when I've done a drop test, I got no drop. That doesn't make sense to me so can anyone explain why?

Wow, must knew I was as clever as everyone else. Seems we all don't know the answer lol

Best thing to do if your still worried is use a gas sniffa thats the best way but if youve no drop then youve no leak, but could it be unburnt gas left in chamber or somethin along that lines or maybe pocs your smelling, or possibly a neighbours

I used a sniffer, went nuts when I stuck it in the flue and the boiler had been turned off all night. Was think it might be detecting a residue of the poc. We can normally smell is just as boiler lights which is normal, but as we are not using the hw and heating anywhere near as much now we in the summer, we keep getting smells of gas. Neighbours flues and both up high near eaves so would have thought it was theirs we are smelling

as nysk says do a blip test at p1 at the gas valve.

It is quite possible to have a leak and/or a smell of gas when there is no perceptible drop on a WG even in domestic premises.

The final solution is to test using an electronic gas detector of some kind at the relevant points within the boiler combustion chamber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Possible gas valve passing on ideal isar - but why is there no drop?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock