Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbing sucks in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gaspastemania

AS TITLE !!!:shout:

painting sucks...been doing it the past 2 days, would hate that as my job !!

Reasons as below ,
1 public are a pain
2 public dont pay
3 working with water eeew
4 gas = headache + stress
5 millions of fittings
6 to many tools
7 higher public liabilty
8 bouncy cheques
9 to many plumbers
10 feel free to add more as its late and tired lol

I look upon the challenges as part of the job and get a great deal of satisfaction when I manage to overcome a problem.

The red tape and expense I have to agree with you though.
I would also say 99.9% of my customers are fine as long as you explain to them the job as you go along.

Reasons as below ,
1 public are a pain
2 public dont pay
5 millions of fittings
6 to many tools
7 higher public liabilty
8 bouncy cheques
9 to many plumbers

all of the above but the main one is the unseen wear and damage you do to your body. You will realise that one 30 years down the line when it kicks you in the nuts.

try window cleaning
1 water
2 sponge
3 soap
4 squeegy
5 bucket
6 ladder
7 van
8 low public liability
9 cash in hand!!
10 non payers get windows put in

you have it easy mate, lol
thats my next proffession if this goes t hits up

How's the airlock going gas?

Not got round to it again , not getting enough access to rooms may try again later if get the chance . If it doesnt clesr with mains presure then it will have to be sludge .
I have had a full on crap week with chasing money , nuisance custs ,air locks and running round like a nutter !!!

Don't dispair, just fill yourself with caffine and go and get on with it! :singer:

Reasons as below ,
1 public are a pain
2 public dont pay
5 millions of fittings
6 to many tools
7 higher public liabilty
8 bouncy cheques
9 to many plumbers

What you put above could apply to virtually any trade or business.

Dont worry it will be quite again next week last week of school hols is always busy it all the mums been meaning to get it done then suddenly the hols are over

I'm new to the business, but doing this compared with my old job i am loving every minute of this doing everything different each day, A challenge, meeting new people, learning new things all the time love it

I cant sleep because of stress, ive had 3 knee ops in 3 years and im 27, my shoulder is atarting to play up, now and again the misses has to help me out of the van because my back is naft, ive lost and had Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£ of pounds werth of tools stolen over the past 10 years, by the time the weekend comes all want to do is sleep and rest up but cant, have to tidy the van sort the ttold sort work sheets get rid of rubbish form the job ive just finished...............................But saying all that i love my job and wouldnt swap it for anything :)

self employed is a nightmare, especially as a 1 man band, uv got to do all the surveys, the work, the running about, the chasing money, pain in the arse customers, im cards in again after a year as a 1 man band and im now loving my job again, when half past 4 comes thats it i go home and dont have to think about work again untill 8 oclock the nxt day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing sucks in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Has anyone one fit or serviced one of these before; Heatrae Sadia 25l 9004010. It a 25 litre hot water storage cylinder.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock