Currently reading:
please help to indentify my gas boiler make and model

Discuss please help to indentify my gas boiler make and model in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

owieszka

I have just bought a house which has a gas combi boiler fitted. Unfortunately, the user manual and the control panel cover are missing. I don't know what make or model the boiler is and would like to know it so that I can get a Users Manual. Please can anyone identify the boiler from the attached photograph? Thank you

2014-03-08 22.18.29.jpg

There will be a Data plate, somewhere on the boiler, giving you make and model. It could be on the underside, or you may have to remove the front panel to see it. Turn boiler off if you have to do this.

There will be a Data plate, somewhere on the boiler, giving you make and model. It could be on the underside, or you may have to remove the front panel to see it. Turn boiler off if you have to do this.

If you find you need to use tools to remove the decorative cover then it's not decorative and it MUST NOT be removed by anyone who is not a gsr!

Ignore this idiot. Do not remove the front panel. It may be a combustion seal and to remove it you must be qualified and Gas Safe registered.

And what are you doing giving the general public advice on gas appliance when you are not even qualified yourself?

If you cannot see any writing on the outside of the boiler call an engineer to come and service/identify it safely.

Seriously?

what poor advice

I though I might be castigated for suggesting that the OP remove the cover.

But it does raise the question: why do boiler manufacturers insist on hiding the data plate in places which are inaccessible to owners? You don't find this happening with cars or washing machines or any other product.

Because owner needs to know nothing that's on the data badge! The user instructions will suffice. I suspect the reason they may want make and model is to post requests for information on repairs?

That looks like a RF reciver below boiler, (rebadged by BG) poss boiler may be old style Saunier Duval

Because owner needs to know nothing that's on the data badge! The user instructions will suffice.
Provided the instructions are available. But if not, and the make and model number are not visible on the outside of the boiler, the only place they are given is on the data plate.

Or would you advise the owner to call in an engineer to open the boiler and read off the necessary info? "That will be £48 call out charge, madam"

Yes; some of the info on the data plate is there for GSR engineers use only.

I though I might be castigated for suggesting that the OP remove the cover.

But it does raise the question: why do boiler manufacturers insist on hiding the data plate in places which are inaccessible to owners? You don't find this happening with cars or washing machines or any other product.

The boiler name / model is almost always on the outside, there's no need to open it up.

To the O.P, if it's a new house to you, your Solicitor should have asked when it was last serviced.

If there is no evidence of servicing, it needs doing and the Gassafe engineer will be able to tell you the make/ model

Don't you boys know a Glow worm when you dee one?:winkiss:
It's a Xtrafast. Don't know the exact model without looking at the data plate.

Don't you boys know a Glow worm when you dee one?:winkiss:
It's a Xtrafast. Don't know the exact model without looking at the data plate.

hows about someone who recognizes the boiler just lets the op know what it is and forget the other posts :)

Its a fair question if the OP wants a manual so that they can set the controls to how they need them, there should be some info with the property and if not its not a fair assumption that they want to do some DIY repairs, but no, they shouldn't take it apart and if there's no paperwork for it then it needs at least a safety check to keep the occupants safe, so for my mind a call out charge to do that and as well to get the required info to get a manual, which most GSR's should be able to source is not extravagant

just my 2p

saunier duval isofast f28e/f35e see here for manuals [DLMURL]http://freeboilermanuals.com/pdf/sauner_duval/installation_IsofastF28e.pdf[/DLMURL] which I found in this lot for anyone whos looking for a manuals list [DLMURL="http://freeboilermanuals.com/index.htm"]FREE BOILER MANUALS[/DLMURL] :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Must have been when BG were using Glow -Worm, are SD Boilers still under the Vaillant Flag ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to please help to indentify my gas boiler make and model in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock