Discuss Please help, I can't find the data plate on my gas fire and don't know the make! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PlumberJade

I am having some cavity wall and loft insulation fitted just after Xmas by British gas but before they start work they need to see the manufacturers instructions for my gas fire, I have looked for the data plate but can't find it, could it be on the back of the fire? Any help would be very much appreciated! I have attached a photo (hope it's worked!) if someone could at least tell me the make I would be so grateful!
Thanks, Jade

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 72
usually behind the front it might be on a hinge that flips out of fixed to the base plate the

whats that got to do with insulation?

I have no idea really, the surveyor came round today and husband dealt with him, we have to get the MI for the fire to prove that it's under 7kw as an air vent may be required, they won't start the insulation without seeing the MI. I have no idea what make / model it is and have checked everywhere for the data plate, also asked plumber who does our landlord gas safety checks and he doesn't know either!? No idea why they are worried about putting a vent in as no one has bothered before! But if we don't have MI by 8th jan we won't get this insulation!

There are a myriad of fires out there and a lot do not have any data plate to speak of, especially the cheaper models.
Usually just a wee stick on label that has burnt off after the first year of use.
Your only option may be to disconnect the fire for the time being to keep the insulation guys happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Please help, I can't find the data plate on my gas fire and don't know the make! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock