Discuss Plate heat exchangers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dannyparty92

On what systems would you find a plate heat exchanger why are they used and how do they work?

Combi boilers on hw used because of speedy heat transfer. They are used in brewing beer in reverse to cool down the boiling wort. Its basically narrow channels through which a fluid flows absorbing from or in the beer scenario leeching into the temperature of the surrounding fluid in wider channels

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Trouble is finding time to brew the stuff these days. Takes about six hours start to finish and i do a 40 pint run. Waiting for the day i rip out a suitable cylinder. Gonna connect the coil to cold tap and cool the wort that way. Will use it as a boiler too by standing on a gas burner. 180 or so pints is a more justifiable result for the 6 hours labour. But it is good stuff and you would be welcome to try it.
516447cc-884a-2de9.jpg

516447cc-8863-639e.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

THey are used anywhere that requires a transfer of heat (either to cool or heat) from one fluid to another, benefits over tubular heat exhager being an increased surface area (and heat transfer) for a given volume.

This one isn't from a combi

oimg_GC02970600_CA04445624[1].jpg

Because I was looking in my water regs book today and it has a diagram of a plate heat exchanger on use with a water heater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plate heat exchangers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Baxi Duo Tech 28 HE. According to an online search with the serial number and GC number, I should have a 20-plate heat exchanger. So, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Boiler is losing pressure, from 1.5 bar to 0 bar in about 4 hours. Have checked all rads and seem to be fine, no water out external prv...
Replies
Views
I have a thermal store heated by a boiler with its own thermostat. I also have a stove with a back boiler. The stove heats water in a separate...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have taken out the heat exchanger because a tiny leak was found around the red gasket at the top of the heat exchanger of a...
Replies
Views
Hello My solar thermal system appears to be leaking fluid (pics attached). Could anyone give me an indication of what the issue is likely to be...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock