Discuss pesky cat............................................... .... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lame plumber

asked to service a rayburn 460k today.... turned up and found out it wasnt working on cooker side, so lifted off the hotplate to find it full of soot, popped cooker on and flames leaped up the wall, nice n yellow and smoking...

I decided to postpone the job and complete my other work first and go back later on.

So want back attired in boiler suit and commenced vacuuming and cleaning, then nozzle changed at set up pressure gauge and fired up the boiler, all went ok sounded a bit rough on the fan, cooker failed to work, traced it to a wire dropping off a connector in the end. But bleeding cooker burner smoking worse than before.

Decided to strip out fan as I had been a bit lazy due to the ****ty clean up first, both burner heads were nice n clean so didnt look in the fan inlet.. Discovered that minnie and mickey had set up home over the summer, when the families moggie kept carting them in and dropping them by the rayburn, where they then took shelter.............. Basically minnie and her mate had pulled out the rayburn insulation, taken it down the air inlet pipe and set up home, muggins then turns up and turns the boiler on and enough air seemed to get in but trying the cooker side and wump the whole bleedin lot clogged the fan completely.

So now I learn not to assume things in future, yet again, as I assumed the sooting was down to the fact they hadnt serviced the blighter in 6 years and the nozzle was knackered, they dont use the boiler side as they believe it or not have a gas boiler connected up for that!! but can open valves to work the rayburn boiler if they want. Not my idea of a sensible, safe system but who am I to argue with an engineer owner, who bought the 2nd hand rayburn (probably fitting it himself from things I noticed)

Overall a challenging afternoon, got to pop back in a few days to finish recommissioning it as I got fed up around 6 and tidied up and went home to wash down...

Looking forward to seeing their faces when they see the invoice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pesky cat............................................... .... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock