Discuss Oil Smell from Warmflow, Whitebird 70/90 Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
If its a riello g40 the air hydraulic ram can leak oil as the rubber seal can perish.

Thanks for the three replies from Best, Gazzt and Last Plumber.
The burner is an R.B.L model RDB1 70 -90
The copper pipe comes under ground from the tank, I presume it is sleeved all the way, it is at the start.
It comes up out of the ground and then through the wall of the house and, fortunately, is above the floor all the way to the boiler. Unfortunately the gap between the wall and the boiler means I can't reach the pipe all the way to the point of entry but there are no unions, the pipe appears dry and is dry as far as I can reach.
The fire valve is outside of the house.
I shall make sure the engineer checks all the items you mention.
Thanks, Peter

Thanks for the three replies from Best, Gazzt and Last Plumber.
The burner is an R.B.L model RDB1 70 -90
The copper pipe comes under ground from the tank, I presume it is sleeved all the way, it is at the start.
It comes up out of the ground and then through the wall of the house and, fortunately, is above the floor all the way to the boiler. Unfortunately the gap between the wall and the boiler means I can't reach the pipe all the way to the point of entry but there are no unions, the pipe appears dry and is dry as far as I can reach.
The fire valve is outside of the house.
I shall make sure the engineer checks all the items you mention.
Thanks, Peter

Let us know how you go on please

I know this might sound strange, but is there any oil smell coming from the toilet ( if there is a toilet beside the boiler). And is your property attached to other properties, just thinking it could be leaking from another property into a drain and you could be getting the smell through the toilet. I might be way off but just a thought.

Gazzt
Thanks but definitely not the toilet. We are on our own septic tank, the only smells from the toilet are the normal ones! Preferable to oil fumes......just!

I love the smell of Kerosine.
It is like aftershave on me.
I can barely detect Kerosine smell unless strong or in a confined space, especially my van if any oil rags are left overnight. Serious in a heated room though

I can barely detect Kerosine smell unless strong or in a confined space, especially my van if any oil rags are left overnight. Serious in a heated room though

I tend to burn them in a baking tray outside rather than leave em in the van.

basically you will either have an issue on the burner somewhere, a careful check can find one there or your oil line is weeping, that needs a pressure test to prove if it is or isn't. if your lad is knowledgeable, and he has set the burner up right, any issues with flue seals failing or otherwise should have been picked up. Dont go hunting for dancing yellow flames, not all internet advice is that reliable

I love the smell too though:) since when you are not allowed anymore to solder the pipes for oil? I believe we can still solder in Germany. So you are using instead compression ?

I love the smell too though:) since when you are not allowed anymore to solder the pipes for oil? I believe we can still solder in Germany. So you are using instead compression ?
Thought it was flared fittings on oil, could be wrong or is that old hat now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oil Smell from Warmflow, Whitebird 70/90 Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock