Search the forum,

Discuss Not good news in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus its nearly destroyed the house, I hope they are okay.

No words... Hope they will be OK.

Reading one of the posts in the paper:

jan, dorset, about an hour ago

I had a gas leak coming from my metre, I was lucky in that I had been out all day in the fresh and smelled it when I opened the door ,I don't know how long it had been leaking as I have a problem with my sense of smell, luckily the metre is inside and not outside, Well I say that because there's no way I could have smelled it if it had been outside

!?

No words... Hope they will be OK.

Reading one of the posts in the paper:

jan, dorset, about an hour ago

I had a gas leak coming from my metre, I was lucky in that I had been out all day in the fresh and smelled it when I opened the door ,I don't know how long it had been leaking as I have a problem with my sense of smell, luckily the metre is inside and not outside, Well I say that because there's no way I could have smelled it if it had been outside

!?

A typical daily mail reader... Tit!

must be a gas fitter somewhere with his head in his hands

Not necessarily. Seeing sooooooo many DIY fixes at the mo with people trying to save a few quid. Government need to step in and do something about it as we're seeing more and more instances like this recently

must be a gas fitter somewhere with his head in his hands

It's a very sad thing to happen and with all the rules and regs these days this shouldn't really happen.

When there was an explosion near me a few years back everybody on the company the first thing we all said was have we done any work there and not one was joking either everybody was bricking it until the girl in the office said we had never done any work in that road.

We assume its dodgy gas work could be a leaking meter or anything. Its madness to me how companys can have meters in houses for years and there no maintanece no checking on them or anything. With these smart meters now it will be years before sombody actually reads them how many old people wouldnt know if it was leaking etc

Bugger me life has to be pretty bad to make anyone consider doing that.

Or maybe its smart thinking ? Im gonna die so im makin a bloody big bill for british gash to pay when i do it

My initial thought after reading what the off-duty firefighter (neighbour who tried to help) had to say about seeing them in the bed together and with the explosion happening at 7:30am was that it was murder-suicide and the [leaking] gas had been set to ignite when the boiler fired up somehow. Maybe I'm not far off seeing as it's now emerged he was a plumber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Not good news in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Just looking for some advice as seen a few different things online. I'm installing a shower tray in our bathroom but this one has a square...
Replies
Views
Am I the only one struggling to find appliances' manuals online? I know it's hard enough with cookers and old gas fires but I've just been unable...
Replies
Views
I have issues with my heating systems and find it all very confusing. Everyday the system loses pressure so I wake up daily and fill the system...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am hoping someone can give me some advice. We have had two leaks at home in the last 2 weeks; luckily we were in for both events and...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock