Discuss Norway in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
the sooner the better we can stop paying for you

You think you are paying for us now? Just see what other "subsidies" are offered over the next couple of years by Westminster. None of them because of what they are paying now but all of them for what it will cost them (and you) if it happens.
No matter what anyone thinks of Alex Salmond, he is a very clever and capable politician and more than a match for his peers.

if scotland goes independant, how will you fend of those norwegians invading your country again.
or will you wanting to rent our navy to chuck em back.lol.

Wish i was young enough to be fending of Norwegians but i'd still give it my best shot. :lol:

I don't know how effective the navy would be anyway. I'm old enough to remember Britain backing down in the cod war against a small Nordic country :smile:

lol.
seriously though, why should england supply anything for free if you decide to 'go it alone'?.
like the armed forces, electricity, free roads, nhs, import trade benefits. etc. what does scotland export to england?,

you cant have all and give nowt!.

if so, i am declaring my home a free governed state, sod the local council.lol.

what does scotland export to england?,

Before the late 60's nothing except the odd glow in the dark redhead.
Ever since then OIL and GAS. We don't export it, it is piped straight to you and bypasses us, squandered on the idle. There are many many years more of the stuff left.
I will vote yes not because of any dislike of English people or Great Britain, but because i think we can do better than how Westminster think we should be run.
I'll take the gamble no matter what threats are put forward.
This issue is a very serious one for everyone in the UK but the outcome will be decided by around 4 million people.

because i think we can do better than how Westminster think we should be run.

no argument there then!.lol.

but i think you lot are selfish......what about me,?. i'm stuck wiv it.lol.

'get me outta here'

Last edited by a moderator:
no argument there then!.lol.

but i think you lot are selfish......what about me,?. i'm stuck wiv it.lol.

'get me outta here'

Just pack your stuff and flit up here. Get yourself established before the influx :lol:

You may want to edit out this bit but i'll write it anyway.
These are the words of a song called the Scottish breakaway. A 1960's song that was sung at just about every new year party i was ever at when i was young.
Sung to the tune of the sash. System won't like that one but he will like the words.

Oh, Scotland hesna got a King,
And hesne got a Queen.
For ye canny huv the saicint Liz
When the first yin's never been.

Chorus
Nae Liz the twa, nae Lillibet the wan,
Nae Liz will ever dae,
We'll mak oor land republican
In a Scottish breakaway.

Sae here's tae the Lion, the bonny Rampant Lion,
An a lang streach tae its paw,
Gie a Hampden roar, an' we're oot the door
An ta-ta, ti Chairlie's maw.

its all political b*****ks england will carry on subsidising scotland to make sure the oil etc keeps flowing and to keep another foreign country sweet

Getting back on track:
Spoke to my mate last night as it goes, he phoned me rather drunk to laugh at my football teams efforts.
1. Norway still heavily reliant on fossil fuels but moving more and more towards renewables. Most new houses (state built) have to have renewable energy sources built in.
2. As an EU national (if you have a Brit Passport) then you can live and work in Norway without need of visa's, either work or residence.
3. Norwegian is of course the national language, but English is widely spoken. HOWEVER it is considered bad form to go across knowing nothing. (On a personal note, I've been many times staying with my mate, and its the same as most places in the world. Tourists who dont speak the local language are tolerated because they bring in income, however if you live there and make no effort that isnt appreciated. A few words to start with does go a long way).
4. He doesnt know re plumbers/work availability, but he's going to contact a few temp agencies etc and get back to me.

Going back off track, if anyone can tell me in recent history of a country that got stronger by becoming smaller I'd be interested to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Norway in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
Hello to everyone.Im a newbie here. plumbing & heating+GSR engineer.
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock