Discuss No spark in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kencat

Mexico Super2 RS70.

After a very recent system flush (to stop kettling) the boiler went off, there is no spark, therefore no ignition.

After the powerflush the kettling returned once the system had reached fully heated (albeit slightly muted).

I did not notice that the powerflush operative had left the boiler termostat at MAX setting (we had always run at half setting).

The hot water was much hotter than normal

When we swiched the room control termostat down at night ( we never used the programmer) the boiler continued to periodically fire when both the room and water temp. were fine.

One other thing one radiator was half full of air not long after the system flush - maybe nothing to do with the fault.

Any thoughts would be helpfull

turn the boiler stat back to where you normally run it
powerflush will have no effect on boiler controls cutting in and out but do check the motorised valves are not hooked open

Has boiler locked out ? got air into system, gone past overheat stat and tripped out have you reset boiler ?

kettling is cause by a layer of lime scale inside the heat exchanger powerflushing is to remove sludge in the heating system to get rid of kettling you need to descale the heat exchanger

Kettling can also be a product of bad circulation build up of magnetide or a lazy pump as the water is staying in the heat exchanger to long and boiling (Kettling).

It was flushed Monday. Wed - noticed one rad 30%, one rad 10% full air. Bled both. All the time boiler running at full setting. Rads not over heating water very hot.
Turned off elec supply, turned boiler them. to zero and followed instructions to light - no spark.
This boiler does not have an overheat stat. (an optional extra).
No obstructions to balanced flue.

It's an old system, unless they are hidden behind the cystern there are no motorised valves.

The powerflush included a descale flush prior to the refilling which included an inhibitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No spark in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

F
Hi, My 2014 Crown Boiler has a spark ignition system that is malfunctioning. When I turn the boiler power switch off and back on, the pilot light...
Replies
Views
Hello, We had an extension built seven years ago. Initially the builders' plumber connected the heating to the house system but this didn't work...
Replies
Views
I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I...
Replies
Views
Hello, recently our boiler stopped working properly, causing a lack of heat in our 14-radiator splitter in 3 storeys. having only one boiler at...
Replies
Views
A bit of history first. 2 yrs ago visited a grant boiler with boiler and pipework kettling. I added SentX200 noise reducer. It is standard open...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock