Discuss Newbie help with an Alpha cb24x - overheat LED flashing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mrfluffy

Hi all,

I have been searching for a solution to my problem, but to no real avail, so am posting hoping someone can help.

I have an Alpha cb24x combi boiler, which for years worked with no problems. Initially when I moved in it was "on show" but about 4 years ago I had the kitchen refurbed and now it lives in an IKEA cupboard.

All has been well until late November when the boiler kept cutting out and showing the flashing red "A" LED.

I would reset the boiler and then it would work for a period of time and then just stop. Sometimes this could be days, other times hours, then mnutes, or even whilst I was in the shower. I had the boiler on for both hot water and heating.

I called my plumber who has serviced the boiler every year since I moved in, but everytime he came round the boiler would be working or he would reset it and then it would work for the time he was there, but then not be working by the time I got home.

On the 2 occasions it has not been on, he has serviced the boiler, left and then within 2 days I'm back at square 1

Could it the cupboard not providing enough ventilation? If so, why has this only just started and not when I put the new cupboard up?

Any help or advice would be welcomed

could be a few things,as said above get a gsr engineer to test parts

It's difficult to test components when the boiler is working correctly because they'll be giving the correct readings. I'd very much doubt that the cupboard is causing the fault, what sort of clearances are around the boiler?

Does the boiler make any banging/kettle noises?

It could be many things, it could be an intermittent fault with the gas valve, the temp sensors, the pcb, the overheat stat itself could be faulty. Loads of possibilities.

You need a gsr in to look at your boiler. We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers for your own safety.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

If you are gsr please increase your post count to 10+ then send a pm to either Gas man or Redsaw who will then check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum.

Thank you.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/42241-notice-gas-safety-related-advice.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Newbie help with an Alpha cb24x - overheat LED flashing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock