Discuss New Gledhill Hot Water Cylinder Tappings Not in Line in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andyzplace

Hi,

I'm a diy plumber who is replacing and relocating the vented indirect HWC. I've ordered this copper unit from Gledhill but when coming to install it have noticed that the coil inlet / outlet ports are not in line. The top port is about 10mm back towards the cylinder and points slightly up. Should I. E worried that the cylinder has been damaged or is this normal?

IMG_2654.jpg

Thanks! Andy

Normal if copper just bend them back slightly , also do you know you need to be G3 reg to install anything regarding hot water cylinder ?

It`s a vented system Shaun?

Doesn't matter they changed the regs a few years back to include vented and unvented doesn't matter if size eg under 15l etc

Normal if copper just bend them back slightly , also do you know you need to be G3 reg to install anything regarding hot water cylinder ?

Also to, why Using pushfit fittings ? Dont get those plumbers sometimes

Doesn't matter they changed the regs a few years back to include vented and unvented doesn't matter if size eg under 15l etc

Hello ShaunCorbs,

We don`t have to be G3 Registered / `qualified` to install Vented Cylinders.

The Regulation change that you might be thinking of is that all new Cylinder installations have to be notified to LABC or via a Competent Persons scheme - apart from straight swap installations - although the new Cylinder has to be CE / BS approved for Energy Efficiency - the correct sized coil / spray foam insulated etc.

I believe that Corgi operate a Plumbing Competent Persons scheme which should encompass installing & notifying new Hot Water Cylinder installations ?

Gas Safe may be allowing notifications of Vented Hot Water Cylinders as part of the `Heat Producing Appliances` notifications procedure - I have not installed a new installation vented Cylinder for years [apart from replacements] so although I am registered Gas Engineer / Installer [41 years Corgi / Gas Safe] I am not sure about that.

Certainly I have not heard of Heating Engineers and Plumbers having to register with a Plumbing Competent Persons scheme just to be allowed to install / notify replacement Vented Hot Water Cylinders.

Chris

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Gledhill Hot Water Cylinder Tappings Not in Line in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock