Search the forum,

Discuss new deal from TMS print A6 full colour cards printing deal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PlumbBobBob

System3 has been in contact with Ricky at TMS Print and got a good deal on A6 cards:

1,000 x A6 leaflets printed 2 sides on 250gsm gloss art card £45.

I'll try to help out with information on how to correctly supply a file for litho printing at a professional printer on another sticky if you want. Too busy mate to help anyone further with the design but I'm going to post a few templates up soon to help out.

Cheers
Colin
System3

Just to add a note about UK ISO paper sizes:

A6 is postcard size
A5 is twice the size of A6
A4 is twice the size of A5 and 4 times the size of A6
A3 is twice the size of A4 and 8 times the size of A6

A6 is best for general advertising about the services you provide and is best printed on card (as excellent printing offer above)
A5 is best for advertising a special offer or specific product e.g Bathroom suites as larger colour photos can be used and is best printed on 135gsm (minimum) gloss art paper.
A4 is best for folded brochures.
A3 is best for smaller posters.

The TMS offer is a really good one and you'll find that full colour professional printing will really set your business image a cut above from home made inkjet leaflets.

It's not difficult to output your file to a pro printer. Save the finished file as a high resolution PDF or a JPEG. Anyone wanting help with preparing their file can either contact me here or contact TMS.

Best of luck to everyone and I hope this advertising offer gives everyone a wee boost in these trying times.

Last edited by a moderator:
A6 is best for general advertising about the services you provide and is best printed on card (as excellent printing offer above) A5 is best for advertising a special offer or specific product e.g Bathroom suites as larger colour photos can be used and is best printed on 135gsm (minimum) gloss art paper. A4 is best for folded brochures. A3 is best for smaller posters. The TMS offer is a really good one and you'll find that full colour professional printing will really set your business image a cut above from home made inkjet leaflets. It's not difficult to output your file to a pro printer. Save the finished file as a high resolution PDF or a JPEG. [/QUOTE said:
Rubbish. There is no 'best' practice or formula for what type of ad works 'best'. Each requirement for advertising should be treated on it's own merits. It sounds like you are plugging sizes and stock weights (or offers) which your pet printer does and can therefore offer their best rates on. If that's the case then fine but be quite clear for everyone's sake. Most sizes can be printed on a variety of stock - card or paper weights, with many finishes including lamination. Nor does it follow automatically that, for example, an A6 is 'best' for anything. As for outputting files for print, it is not a walk in the park. If you want to post up templates then fine, but the majority of self produced artwork usually is incorrect for full colour repro (Litho or Digital). Getting that bit right can be done, but is often best left to professionals. And different printers will have different specs (e.g. bleeds and quiet borders etc.). Bit like Plumbing really. Print is a whole subject matter within its own right, as is Marketing and Graphic Design. Doubtless you are seeking to offer 'advice' but it can be misleading too.

This post is to give advice to those who have not any experience in marketing and design. For your information, I had a successful design and printing company, I'm qualified in marketing, design and Litho printing so I am a professional in that field.
As to file ouput requirements, I know the bleed requirements for TMS and anyone who wants advice on this can contact them directly if they so wish.
The sizes of leaflets, grades of card etc are from experience gained over many years advertising everyone form Blue Chip companies to one man bands.
Think first before you try to tear to pieces an offer for help from someone only trying to give advice to those who are finding the work front difficult.
I have absolutely no links to TMS but as they are one of the forum's sponsors, they have given a really good price.
Sounds like you are in printing and have taken the huff. If you had any decorum, you should have PM me instead of ranting on a public forum without finding out anything about my background or credentials.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to new deal from TMS print A6 full colour cards printing deal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock