Discuss New Central heating but problems, Please help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.

hopefully someone can help me here.

I have a recently had a new gas central heating system consisting of 7 rads and a Worchester 36cdi compact located in the lofty controlled by the wave thermostat.

I used to have electric storage rads and the electric controlled heating with were on tanks.
after install i have a drop in hot water pressure. if the cold is on then the hot drops and even running the bath takes forever.

any ideas?
i want to make sure i have all my facts straight before speaking to the plumber who installed as he did come arounf measureing pressure and said it was about average on the set up up i requested.
the main in pressure was 3 bar and the flow was 14l/m with the hot being 10l/m.
thanks for your help in advance

Beginning to lose patience with this one, loads of good advice been given, take it!
First option, upgrade cold mains from stop tap to boiler. If still not enough, and you will always struggle to have two outlets at same time with combi in the loft, then you could have megaflo for second bathroom with diverter valve off combi heating side. Increase main from boundary into house to 25mm.

Yes I will upgrade to 22mm pipe.
I carried my question on to ask about the shower and it's the first I've heard about a megaflo so now it confused things even more as so many different things. First I'm being told I can't have a boost for flow now I'm being told I can

Yes I will upgrade to 22mm pipe.
I carried my question on to ask about the shower and it's the first I've heard about a megaflo so now it confused things even more as so many different things. First I'm being told I can't have a boost for flow now I'm being told I can
Mega flow is an unvented cylinder.

Never fitted one but I have heard stories where the pipe to the house is not big enough to supply the demand that the pump wants and the pipe has ran dry. But could just be a story?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Central heating but problems, Please help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back