Discuss New british gas tv advert in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it a crime to make a profit, do you go to work for fun, don't you charge your customers a fee? PowerFlush scams? What are you on about. British Gas are now regulated by the FSA and will always refund any customers who aren't happy, if a system needs a flush, a quote is left, a customer has a choice to pay British Gas to do the work or pay "hammers4spanners" to do the work. The customer is under no pressure to purchase from British Gas its their choice. If I said to you, "hey mate, I've got two products here, one costs £700 and one costs £300" and you choose the £700 product, then that's your choice.
By the way, customer retention at British Gas is at an all time high.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The FSA will only cover insurance etc rather than things like boiler installations that have been done wrongly. My experience of british gas was terrible, and customer services are doing their best to lie to me and avoid paying compensation for the really poor workmanship from a contractor from british gas. You can see my story on my blog here britishgas-complaints.com

Last edited by a moderator:
post finished a while back now, got my specs on! I gather you dont like BG from all the posts youve made tonight!

I only came across this forum last night after looking up gas safe and incorrect pipework in google. I was surprised but very pleased to see the number of people who commented on my post about my boiler which was not installed properly or maintained correctly by British gas engineers and about the lies from their customer service dept. I have been reading many of the threads on this forum and am shocked by how badly British Gas is regarded by professionals in the industry and this reflects my experience of them. I actually used a complaint against them using the FSA as british gas sends out a letter when you complain that indicates you can do this. In reality very little is covered by the FSA and In my case I will probably have to go to court as British gas installations are not covered by an ombudsman so I felt it was important to correct your member Doodlebug in this matter. I would hate british Gas engineers to go around claiming their work is covered by the FSA to little old ladies when they try to sell them a powerflush.
You are correct that I don't like British Gas. I would not let one of their operatives clean my toilet let alone work on any of my gas appliances.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only came across this forum last night after looking up gas safe and incorrect pipework in google. I was surprised but very pleased to see the number of people who commented on my post about my boiler which was not installed properly or maintained correctly by British gas engineers and about the lies from their customer service dept. I have been reading many of the threads on this forum and am shocked by how badly British Gas is regarded by professionals in the industry and this reflects my experience of them. I actually used a complaint against them using the FSA as british gas sends out a letter when you complain that indicates you can do this. In reality very little is covered by the FSA and In my case I will probably have to go to court as British gas installations are not covered by an ombudsman so I felt it was important to correct your member Doodlebug in this matter. I would hate british Gas engineers to go around claiming their work is covered by the FSA to little old ladies when they try to sell them a powerflush.
You are correct that I don't like British Gas. I would not let one of their operatives clean my toilet let alone work on any of my gas appliances.

I can understand your frustration having read your other thread, but to be fair to the guys who work for British Gas, some of them are as good as you will find anywhere in the industry.

I know from my own experience that BG clearly have some problems with training and quality control, which more than likely explains the problems you have had with them. Which is no excuse, and of course they should sort it out for you. But it's unfair to hammer the BG guys who do work to high standards - there are many of them in BG, unfortunately it's a lottery as to who you get.

Have you asked for your complaint to be escalated within BG and passed to an operations manager?

Getting someone on it with some technical expertise and authority might help if that hasn't happened yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New british gas tv advert in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock