Discuss New british gas tv advert in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is nothing false about the British Gas advertising and you know it. Customers have a choice and still they come to British Gas, Fact!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The service BG provide is second to none. I went to an on call assist the other day where the customer paid £99 for a one fix, the part I fitted to the boiler was over £200 but the customer only paid £99 all in parts and labour, not bad aye?

You seem a pleasant enough guy Doodlebug, but what was the point of posting the above?

Only people that believe in Father Christmas and the Tooth Fairy are going to swallow the tale that you fitted over £200 worth of parts for £99!

Telling only half the tale serves to misrepresent the facts.

Last edited by a moderator:
You seem a pleasant enough guy Doodlebug, but what was the point of posting the above?

Only people that believe in Father Christmas and the Tooth Fairy are going to swallow the tale that you fitted over £200 worth of parts for £99!

Telling only half the tale serves to misrepresent the facts.

I have no need to tell lies mate, I remember showing the customer the cost of the part. Sometimes it works the other way, if the part needed cost say, £3, the customer would still pay £99, its swings and roundabouts.

The difference between what I post and what you post Peter, is that I post facts and you don't, simples!

The only facts I could find on any BG websites are that £99 is an excess payment on a cover plan - and if BG customers fix their gas prices, then they get a reduction in plan premiums.

So you're suggesting that customers call in BG and take a chance on a £99 fixed fee, whatever the cost of the repair?

Estimates not being allowed of course, as obviously they would duck out if it turns out to be only a small thing.

But then what's to stop them getting a free estimate and assessment from an independent GSR, and then calling in BG if the job is going to be costly?

Doesn't quite add up, does it?

The difference between what I post and what you post Peter, is that I post facts and you don't, simples!

utter carp

Like any other privatised company Bg are all about ££££££££££'s making sure the share holders profit from BG's succes , wether it be from annual gas price rises ( obviously just as temp drops) or over priced labour charges , power flush scams and sales bull.And to be quite frank they do a very good job for the share holders.
The minute the bubble bursts then you will hear the usual cut backs in staff all you guys are is a number on payroll which can be dropped at first sign of profit squeeze

The only facts I could find on any BG websites are that £99 is an excess payment on a cover plan - and if BG customers fix their gas prices, then they get a reduction in plan premiums.

So you're suggesting that customers call in BG and take a chance on a £99 fixed fee, whatever the cost of the repair?

Estimates not being allowed of course, as obviously they would duck out if it turns out to be only a small thing.

But then what's to stop them getting a free estimate and assessment from an independent GSR, and then calling in BG if the job is going to be costly?

Doesn't quite add up, does it?

Unfortunately that's what does sometimes happen.

utter carp

Like any other privatised company Bg are all about ££££££££££'s making sure the share holders profit from BG's succes , wether it be from annual gas price rises ( obviously just as temp drops) or over priced labour charges , power flush scams and sales bull.And to be quite frank they do a very good job for the share holders.
The minute the bubble bursts then you will hear the usual cut backs in staff all you guys are is a number on payroll which can be dropped at first sign of profit squeeze

Is it a crime to make a profit, do you go to work for fun, don't you charge your customers a fee? PowerFlush scams? What are you on about. British Gas are now regulated by the FSA and will always refund any customers who aren't happy, if a system needs a flush, a quote is left, a customer has a choice to pay British Gas to do the work or pay "hammers4spanners" to do the work. The customer is under no pressure to purchase from British Gas its their choice. If I said to you, "hey mate, I've got two products here, one costs £700 and one costs £300" and you choose the £700 product, then that's your choice.
By the way, customer retention at British Gas is at an all time high.

To be fair to BG this one off fixed price repair is a great deal really. The customer knows the deal from the start and for most people getting their boiler repaired for under a tonne is great for them.

Obviously some parts do cost a couple of quid, and some may not need any parts at all. So on some jobs BG profit greatly,and on others they take a huge hit but the risk is well worth the reward otherwise they wouldn't do it.

Also the customer will get a safety check thrown in with this, as it has to be done once a boiler cover is removed.

Plus any other faults will be fixed in with this 99 quid. So to be fair to them it's a great deal that they can offer.

I can't see where the false advertising comes into this though, I'm not here to toot the BG horn, but credit where credit is due. They do a good job and they wouldn't have so many customers if they didn't do a good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New british gas tv advert in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock