Discuss New Boiler Booming! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

browneyedgirl

I have recently had an ideal boiler independent c35 fitted. it is now making a boom noise as if someone outside is slamming a car door and seems to happen when the boiler is running. Any ideas please? - the installer fitted a different flue as the previous one was a long one which had let in rain but its still happening. So I am not sure if to chase the installer again or phone the boiler manufacturer as I have registered the boiler for its warranty. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions - these would be most appreciated. I just dont know if its the boiler itself or the installation, the installer didn't seem to know what it was and of course if never happened while he was here, typical!! Thank you in advance.

Get your installer back as soon as possible. If he fails to respond you can contact the manufacturer under your warranty or contact gas safe directly for an independent free of charge inspection. Something sounds very wrong to me.

I will give it another try! I guess it is difficult for the installer as he didn't seem to know the cause and said he hadn't heard of this before but its a bit worrying as its a brand new boiler and if its not the boiler I dont want whatever is causing the booming noise to damage the new boiler. There was quite a bit of water which came out of the previous flue, maybe water is lying around somewhere? The new flue which the installer installed is a much smaller one which sticks out of the wall very slightly but it still happens - SIGH! I am sure it will get sorted, its just you pay for something thinking you are getting something better and it goes wrong within weeks. Thank you for your comments. I knew it wasn't normal!!!

No it's not normal. If you get stuck post your location and there may be someone local who could come and have a look for you.

hi, it makes a booming noise intermittently whilst its running - if the thermostat reachs room temperature and the boiler goes off then it is ok but as soon as it flares up and starts running then the booming noise happens, and its not just the odd time it is quite a few times throughout the day - it is a bit worrying - is this dangerous? Do I need to turn the boiler off do you think? (sorry for the questions!)

yes will definitely be phoning around tomorrow morning though I dont think I will get far with the installer - got the impression he wasn't interested but I dont mind giving ideal a call to see what they say. Will let you know how I get on. Thank you so much gentlemen

if installer a no show, call gas safe register for inspection visit/complaint and also check your installer is registered in the first place.

I think you should call in the manufacturers under the warranty.

There are two components that can cause this noise in my experience, neither of which is your installers responsibility (unless of course there is insufficient gas pressure at the boiler)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Boiler Booming! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock