Discuss Neighbours Flue opinion needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello All,

I apologise for my deleted message and attached Diagram - the clearances in the Scottish Diagram were for Solid Fuel Appliances.

Chris

Last edited:
I’m not having a go fella but I think most people still know it as a vertical flue, and I’m just saying that for the avoidance of doubt, only because there are different clearances and rules etc for a traditional chimney

Riley,

My entire reason for writing my original reply to You on here was because We ALL know the `newly termed` [8 year old] `Chimneys` as Flues.

And - it was absolutely ridiculous for the term `Chimney` to be introduced for Boiler Flues because as You pointed out there are different clearances and Regulations for actual `Chimneys`.

You might want to remove the `Like` that you gave my previous message - I had to delete it because the Scottish Building Standards Diagram and Clearances details that I posted were for Solid Fuel Appliances.

"Sorry to All".

Chris

Last edited:
(Sorry not read all comments)
You need to find out who the boiler manufacturer is ( Sorry I dont do many vertical flues , I dont know )
and find out the exact measurement from flue to window .

Thanks so much for your replies guys, it's reassuring to know that the flue is essentially safe gasses wise.

In your experiences is this kind of thing common? And were you in my place would you just live with it?

I don't want to go down an acrimonious route with the Council and cause a stir with the neighbours if this is something most folks just put up with (ill swallow my pride and get used to it)

I've read something in the past about discharge gasses not crossing a boundary and I'm concerned for any future sale of my house that the way the flue behaves may put off potential buyers.

Would there be anything my neighbour could do with this set up that would prevent the gasses blowing downwards towards the windows?

Thanks again for all your help this has been really helpful.

Not a thing. It’s more gasses at a nuisance level ie head height I think you’re worrying unnecessarily. What it’s going to boil down to is you proving that a to regs install is a nuisance

Would there be anything my neighbour could do with this set up that would prevent the gasses blowing downwards towards the windows?

Unless he has the weather fairy's direct line, or God's, then there is nothing he can do. You however could always shut the window.

Ignore it. You do not have a problem. However you will have if you obsess about it. ;)

Reply to Neighbours Flue opinion needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock