Discuss NCS - filling loop and electric cable, condensate discharge pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassmonster

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I've not seen this type of filing loop? is it an old type thingy or some form of improvisation?
also, the electric power cable seems to have a dodgy connection and is going behind the pipes...is this ok as i would personally never do that as it's next to pipes that become very very hot..

oh, and the condensate trap discharge pipe is what seems to be like from a washing machine

thank you.

(i'm working towards my ACS)

IMG_20140224_155108.jpg

No - Ncs no matter how many are just ncs

been a few years but 2 AR's on a open flued appliance is upgraded to id, that's the only time you 'add' them together to go to the next level. Somone please correct me if I'm wrong ;-(
You are incorrect.
Two or more NCS's relating to open flued appliance flue & ventilation may be upgraded to AR if you deem them serious enough. It is at your discretion.

You are incorrect.
Two or more NCS's relating to open flued appliance flue & ventilation may be upgraded to AR if you deem them serious enough. It is at your discretion.

I was always told 2 ncs on either flueing or ventilation would make it AR nothing about just on open flued.

Would u leave a live cable exposed like that cause I wouldn't it's up to u at the end of the day .

You advise the responsible person that there is an electrical fault that needs to be addressed urgently and put it on your paperwork. Its not a gas fault so you cant use gas unsafe procedures to turn off the boiler. If you are an electrician as well I would imagine you could through electrical regs.

You advise the responsible person that there is an electrical fault that needs to be addressed urgently and put it on your paperwork. Its not a gas fault so you cant use gas unsafe procedures to turn off the boiler. If you are an electrician as well I would imagine you could through electrical regs.

Like I said its up to the person what u do
To be honest I would just put it right for the sake of a bit of cable before I left take 5 10 min and a clear conscience to boot

I was always told 2 ncs on either flueing or ventilation would make it AR nothing about just on open flued.
Are you going to AR a room sealed appliance for flue term too long, not sealed round wall and no terminal guard?
Unless anything has changed in 4 years from my last ACS applies to open flue flue and vent issues only.

Are you going to AR a room sealed appliance for flue term too long, not sealed round wall and no terminal guard?
Unless anything has changed in 4 years from my last ACS applies to open flue flue and vent issues only.

It is still at your discretion. I resat mine 2 years ago and I spoke to the gas safe bloke about it as my thing was no terminal guard and flue hole not sealed so how can I AR that and thats when he said about your discretion.

It is still at your discretion. I resat mine 2 years ago and I spoke to the gas safe bloke about it as my thing was no terminal guard and flue hole not sealed so how can I AR that and thats when he said about your discretion.
I would be AR'ing every other boiler if this applied to room sealed.
The discretionary multi NCS elevated to AR applies to open flue only as a number of flue & vent NCS's may amount to something more dangerous.
If I am incorrect I really need to back to basics.

I would be AR'ing every other boiler if this applied to room sealed.
The discretionary multi NCS elevated to AR applies to open flue only as a number of flue & vent NCS's may amount to something more dangerous.
If I am incorrect I really need to back to basics.

Seems I was wrong just double checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to NCS - filling loop and electric cable, condensate discharge pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back