Discuss Mileage or fuel receipts? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

obseen16

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi all, have been told to do it both ways but which way would you consider better? claim 40pence per mile (could be wrong) OR just put fuel receipts through the books. at the moment im doing both but not sure which one is the better. and being as i can only put one method through the books i wanna know which one is considered the norm,

what do you do?

thanks all.

j

If I remember right if you claim mileage it is your privet vehicle and you pay for the upkeep if you class it as a company vehicle then you put in the receipts for the fuel, service, tax and claim for the purchase of the vehicle( i may be wrong you would be better asking your accountant)

i put them all through and always been accepted.
as said if its company put the lot through its the company reason you have the vehicle.

Last edited by a moderator:
i put them all through and always been accepted.
as said if its company put the lot through its the company reason you have the vehicle.

Sonray - do you mean you claim mileage and fuel receipts in the same tax year?

Commercial vehicle 100% claim, private vehicle 40p per mile. But speak to an accountant don’t take my word for it. Remember cuntry is in a state, so tax man will be looking very carefully.
Bagsy
www.plumbfixit.synthatsite.com

You can do either/or but not both. 40p per mile for first 10k miles and then 25p per mile thereafter. If it is a private vehicle, the tax man may expect to see an "add back" to the tax return for private use.

Hi. As tax returns are an annual chore, why not get all your fuel on the same charge/credit card, this will allow you to analyse statement and make the choice that suits you when the time comes?. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mileage or fuel receipts? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock