Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Megaflo towel rad help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RAW85

Hi guys,

Installed a new towel rad in a new loft bathroom on a megaflo system now being asked if I can now connect it up so it heats up when the heating is off for summer use....how?
Was thinking the dual fuel CH/Electric element, but builders are saying there's another way...

Any suggestion?

Thanks
RAW

I would stick with duel fuel element. They might be thinking of tying it in with the megaflow how water but unless its a stainless steel towel rail it cant be done.

You could connect to the hot water primary, but the radiator would only be on when the DHW was calling for heat. You could combine this with an electric element to give more flexibility.

If connecting to the primary the radiator loop would need to be inserted between the boiler and the Megaflow's dedicated motorised valve, otherwise I think you'd need to be G3 registered.

There are a few ways of doing it.

1) Dual fual electric element
2) Put a separate zone in just for the towel rail(s)
3) Use a towel rail on the DHW primaries - which means using a rail manufactured for that purpose from copper, brass, SS or some other non-corroding metal. Do not, under any circumstances, do this with an ordinary towel rail, whatever a cleverclogs builder says.

I was of the impression we werent allowed to run off the hot water side of the primaries these days?

I stand to be corrected :wink:

to comply with the regs for energy effifiency it cant run of the hw side.
it would need to be on the heating side,
you could change the trvs to the smart units for individual control.
or put in a seperate zone, but the easiest would most liklly be the electric element.

I was of the impression we werent allowed to run off the hot water side of the primaries these days?

I stand to be corrected

Not by me! Not as up to date with regs as I should be.

Ha ha I just remembered a similar thread from the other day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Megaflo towel rad help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have an Eastbrook Hurley towel radiator and fitting it as a dual fuel, with pipes coming out of the wall. I've been advised to...
Replies
Views
Hi All, would appreciate some advice on next steps with conservatory rad. Single conservatory rad not heating up at all, neither pipe getting...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm a (somewhat, I hope...) competent DIYer and just want to get some advice if my suspicion on a problem we're having is correct...
Replies
Views
Hi all, we've recently moved into a property and believe there is some kind of backflow in the heating system. (I should say I am a DIYer, and not...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock