Search the forum,

Discuss Main Combi 30 Eco Elitie Temperature Issues in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Sandeep89

Gas Engineer
Hi Guys,

Just changed a sink tap for customer and when turned the hot water on the boiler temp rose to 90 within few seconds and burner cut out, temp came down to 78 and the boiler then fired up again and keeps cycling like this.

Customer said this has been happening for a few months now, I noticed the return pipe was hot as well and the flow pipe was cold and heating was off.

Could the temperature rising so quick be due to a faulty diverter valve or would it be the plate heat exhange, or a sensor.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Sandeep89
Does the CH work ok, or does it cut-out through overheat too? If so, providing the pump is ok, it's a blockage in the main heat-exchanger.
If the CH is fine, it's a blockage on the plate heat-exchanger.

Hi Sandeep89
Does the CH work ok, or does it cut-out through overheat too? If so, providing the pump is ok, it's a blockage in the main heat-exchanger.
If the CH is fine, it's a blockage on the plate heat-exchanger.
Hi WelshAndy,

CH is working fine customer has said no issues on that just the DHW.

Checked the pump, removed the bleed screw and pump looks all good.

Reply to Main Combi 30 Eco Elitie Temperature Issues in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock