Search the forum,

Discuss Main Combi 30 Eco Elitie Temperature Issues in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Sandeep89

Gas Engineer
Hi Guys,

Just changed a sink tap for customer and when turned the hot water on the boiler temp rose to 90 within few seconds and burner cut out, temp came down to 78 and the boiler then fired up again and keeps cycling like this.

Customer said this has been happening for a few months now, I noticed the return pipe was hot as well and the flow pipe was cold and heating was off.

Could the temperature rising so quick be due to a faulty diverter valve or would it be the plate heat exhange, or a sensor.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Sandeep89
Does the CH work ok, or does it cut-out through overheat too? If so, providing the pump is ok, it's a blockage in the main heat-exchanger.
If the CH is fine, it's a blockage on the plate heat-exchanger.

Hi Sandeep89
Does the CH work ok, or does it cut-out through overheat too? If so, providing the pump is ok, it's a blockage in the main heat-exchanger.
If the CH is fine, it's a blockage on the plate heat-exchanger.
Hi WelshAndy,

CH is working fine customer has said no issues on that just the DHW.

Checked the pump, removed the bleed screw and pump looks all good.

Reply to Main Combi 30 Eco Elitie Temperature Issues in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for heat, the boiler fires up, modulates, but jumps very quickly (about 30 seconds or so from 40'ish all the way to 70, burner disengages putting it the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm hoping someone here may be able to help me out with an issue I have with my baxi duotec boiler. Basically, the hot water temperature has been fluctuating quite alot, dropping in temp then raising again whilst showering. I have had an engineer out who has changed the thermistor, but I am...
Replies
Views
WB 4000 installed a few months back, just balanced the 7 rads - managed to get around 15 degrees delta across most rads. Not quite the 20 degrees but still. Flow set to 60 degrees for now. 1.Obviously I want to ensure the return temperature into the boiler is below the 55 ish degrees needed for...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a Vaillant eco boiler at a new house I moved into last week. It’s a combo boiler and the last boiler I had was old (and much easier to use!) This one keeps turning itself off. The hot water seems to work and is always warm. The heating also works but for random amounts of time...
Replies
Views
Morning all, I have a Worcester Bosch 8000 life 40kw boiler on system with 7 radiators and the boiler is located in the loft of a 1907 end of terrace house. It has been range rated down to 50% and I currently have the flow temperature set to 64, due to slow warm up. I recently purchased a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock