Discuss Looking for a good log burning stove in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the main reason I didn't use a hetas guy for my own stove install. He'd probably have insisted on a metal flue liner.
That will fail in a few years anyway. And the cost is prohibitive.
bc know nothing about it and that's the way it will stay.

A properly installed flue liner would probably improve performance especially if insulated. 904/904 is good for twenty years plus. It would certainly ease sweeping and general maintenance. Without liner, tar staining can appear through upstairs plaster. By all means DIY, but aim for a superior install with the money saved.

I find it astonishing that you guys shutdown every thread and shut out everyone that enquires about their gas boiler - even heating controller questions that require lifting the lid and then brazenly boast about and promote solid fuel DIY installs.

Solid fuel is just as if not more dangerous than gas installations, use a professional (there are others than HETAS) and get competitive quotes from at least 2 ideally three people.

Typically a quality double skinned and insulated flue liner on a two storey property will cost between £900 - £1200 plus VAT to supply and install.

Not specifically promoting DIY, just promoting light touch regulation. All regulation bodies result in an additional cost to consumer, in effect an indirect tax. Motor manufacturers would like to with hold repair data, so we would all have to use main dealers. EU law forced them to make data available, at a cost, to independent garages. Not long ago only opticians could sell reading glasses. Regulation should be commensurate with the actual risk, not the theoretical .

Carbon monoxide detectors on new installs became mandatory October 2010. This was brought in by Building Regs. Not hetas. Prior to that many hetas engineers were content to install without even a recommendation regarding CO detectors. The risks were well known. We must all take responsibility for safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking for a good log burning stove in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, my elderly mum has a MCZ stove for the past year-warranty up soon. It’s been extremely sensitive and has broken down numerous times. One of...
Replies
Views
B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
C
My parents house has a wood burning stove that is also connected to the central heating ( they have radiators and used to have an old boiler which...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a Logic Combi 30 gas boiler installed in my house. The wife and I would like to install a multi fuel stove with a back burner to...
Replies
Views
steve wake
S
N
Hey guys, I've searched the forum, but haven't found anything useful. I don't know the name of the thing I'm looking for, so I apologize in...
Replies
Views
Back