Discuss Likely questions to be asked on theory test (week 2 praticals 6129 course) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wotevaz

Hi there,

Am doing 6129 plumbing course, im due to go on week 2 of the praticals, and was wondering if anyone knew what the theory test questions are likely to be? I have been told its water regulations, its just that there is an awful lot of them! Have been through my studys but am unsure if im to be remembering (revising) BS numbers, schedules, paragraph numbers?..........or hopefully like im thinking just the major basic regulations regarding sanitary ware & water regs regarding them.

Just an enquiry, if anyone knows or has been on this course, then any help would be appreicated.....thanks in advance.

Trainee plumber

i havent done the course, but if it is similar to gas course then the skill isnt learning the info as the test will be open book, the real skill is learning how to read the question accurately and how to reference the documents quickly

My last question (verbal) was "What's a first fix?" I told him it's when you have to go back again because you couldn't get it right first time. Needless to say I passed!

Who you training with WotEVA? When I completed my water regs exam, a couple of months ago it was an open book test. There were two types of books/versions. BPEC or Logic, most of us were using logic which seemed to be a little easier to use. However, that said, we all passed. Fairly easy, as said above, just watch the phrasing of the questions. Plus, we spent about an hour with our tutor day before going through practice paper. You'll be fine buddy. Best of luck though!

Theres no trick questions, you just need to revise you books. Try to remeber your BS numbers and date when water regs came into force. Back flow prevention may be a significant part. Remember the main purpose of water regs, 6 things from what I can remember. My sons doing the same course, so I ran through some revision with him. Have you got a mentor who can run through it with you?

thanks for all the feed back people....u no how it is u can think too much sumtimes! All your replys have helped my mind immensely so ta....your all stars :)

soz reg man....and ppl im doing home study with T4TS and praticals at ATL in southampton, feel like im paddling allrite just need reassuring i think cos ive kinda looked at this thing too much....if thats possible??? Thanks for replys and back up, it still feels good to be doing something thats not a waste of time (employment wise) for a change :)

the water regs is a breeze mate.. don't get too caught up in remembering bs numbers and abbreviations. remember what water regulations are all about and go from there

the water regs is a breeze mate.. don't get too caught up in remembering bs numbers and abbreviations. remember what water regulations are all about and go from there

Good or bad the questions will be asked. main point of water regs and a few numbers and dates and when they came into force. Its not that difficult, but a pass is a pass.

I'm a bit confused, I was on 6129 and it was nothing to do with water regs, i.e. but instead it had a lot of BS and practical questions
any how, the place i got all my revision tips from is smartscreen.co.uk

hi every 1

i am studying level 2 plumbing fulltime will i be able to take water regulation exam or do i need an apprenticeship first. also is the exam multipul choice

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Likely questions to be asked on theory test (week 2 praticals 6129 course) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock