Discuss Life's great mysteries. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gasmanrob

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
If I'm traveling at 70 mph and their is a bee hovering in the vehicle is said bee flying at its usual speed or at 70mph?

equally if I was stood in the back of a lorry traveling at 56mph and was able to jump and remain un aided in mid air for 2seconds would I land in pretty much the same spot or would I suddenly cease to be traveling at 56mph and find myself at the other end of the vehicle?

What are you smoking today?!

Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

When it rains, why don't sheep shrink?

I'm curious to see people's answers and thought patterns. You never know it might make a good interview question

Bear in mind that you are sitting on a planet that is hurtling through space at roughly 67000 miles per hour, not to mention the fact that its rotating at 1000 mph (measured at the equator).

So there is no such thing as "standing still" or a "body at rest". Its all relative.

Bear in mind that you are sitting on a planet that is hurtling through space at roughly 67000 miles per hour, not to mention the fact that its rotating at 1000 mph (measured at the equator).

So there is no such thing as "standing still" or a "body at rest". Its all relative.

[video]https://youtu.be/buqtdpuZxvk[/video]

Basic physics probably covered in newtons three laws of motion

generally learnt in school around about 12 years old

When I was a kid there was still open backed buses, jumped off lots while still moving and believe me I still have the scars to prove it. Just glad mobile phones and youtube weren't around then to watch us.

had a pet bee once called Walter.....Walter could fly at 72 miles an hour ....i know this coz once we were traveling to a bee gees concert and he got up to stretch his wings and smashed straight into the front window screen...just as a two fly's hit from the other side...it was carnage....cpuld of been avoided....but diver was a right fly bee night

Inertia is stored energy , so unless in an open vehicle ( and the wind grabs you )
you will be un aware of your motion ( unless said lorry corners/or has to swerve )

The theory of relativity..

Not fast enough thats the problem ( esp following said lorry )

Blanes / Multiverses / Quantum entanglment .. will make some good school lessons

--------------
and my reply
Bee will fly as normal , and you should land normally
(but you watch may be slightly out .. cos you are moving )

..everbody loves Spam ......... spam , spam

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Life's great mysteries. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock