Discuss leaking drainoffs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
what do you people do with weaping drainoffs? im talking about the end feed ones! replace the whole valve or just the inside?

Pain in the bum they are. I almost had a leaker yesterday after letting some pressure out of an over pressurised boiler.

I know tbs these ones ar painted over aswell , only slightly weeping whn heating is on, they have started to go all green! they ar quite old id say aswell!

I know tbs these ones ar painted over aswell , only slightly weeping whn heating is on, they have started to go all green! they ar quite old id say aswell!

Still a washer mate....have a good old clean up with a wire brush at the same time. Right old pain to heat up wettish end feeds to replace. Can be done but it is the rubber that is wearing out not the brass bits. Seat can be dressed with a large flat screwdriver.

just be wary of a dezincified doc, tapped one to loosen the washer last summer and found myself with my finger over the sheared off doc and a cylinder full of hot water! no one else in the house and all i had was a screwdriver, short length of hose into the loo, and a multispanner! after 10 mins i decided to stuff my shirt in the hole with screwdriver and was trying to take off shirt over my head with one hand on leaky doc when owners came back so I utilised his finger whilst I got tools and long hose to syphon out cyl. be gentle with old docs is my advice:willy_nilly:

just be wary of a dezincified doc, tapped one to loosen the washer last summer and found myself with my finger over the sheared off doc and a cylinder full of hot water! no one else in the house and all i had was a screwdriver, short length of hose into the loo, and a multispanner! after 10 mins i decided to stuff my shirt in the hole with screwdriver and was trying to take off shirt over my head with one hand on leaky doc when owners came back so I utilised his finger whilst I got tools and long hose to syphon out cyl. be gentle with old docs is my advice:willy_nilly:

Happened to me with a manual air vent, vent hit the celling of the airing cupboard and something hit my underpants

Never had a drain off leak when it hasnt been used?!!
Are you taking the washer and guts apart before you solder them into a fitting?

Went to undo doc on cylinder, pipe snapped someone used a 1x3/4 iron bush
didnt do any good for my blood pressure i sure did sweat. In the end of panic my mate smashed a hole in top of cylinder and put drain down hose in. And would you believe it the brass fitting would not come out on outlet

Worse is those heating element tees on towel warmers.

Manufacturer instructions say the Rubber O Ring is adequate, however ive always have to ptfe them and paste!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to leaking drainoffs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock