Search the forum,

Discuss Laundry qualifications in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

goz666

Gas Engineer
Has anyone got this on their ticket ?? My ACS is due in June and I have some decisions to make regarding what to do or whether to try other areas i.e. commercial Laundry, LPG, etc ??

The reason I ask is I have a contact who works at a commercial laundry, and he can never get anyone to attend to their dryers or dry cleaning machines, hes asked me dozens of times and tells me that he also recieves calls from many of the local big hotels asking if he can tell them a decent laundry engineer. Anyone any experience because I have none, is it worth the expense training or a lame duck. ???

If to can get the work the I would say go for it. I've only ever been offered one job and it wasn't worth it for that

I've got domestic laundry. I don't get many jobs put it's quite often a way in to work on other appliances in the property.

I've got domestic laundry. I don't get many jobs put it's quite often a way in to work on other appliances in the property.
Hi Mike, the main problem I keep getting asked to look at are the dry cleaning machines, have you any experience of these ?? I have seen the one at my mates place but never worked on it, looks complicated but probably isn't with the necessary training ?? Am not sure and can't afford to throw money away that I won't get a return on.

i am banned form using the washing machine in my house,whoops not that sort of laundry :frown2:

Hi Mike, the main problem I keep getting asked to look at are the dry cleaning machines, have you any experience of these ?? I have seen the one at my mates place but never worked on it, looks complicated but probably isn't with the necessary training ?? Am not sure and can't afford to throw money away that I won't get a return on.

The only laundry appliances I ever look at are tumble driers, I didn't know that dry cleaning machines worked on gas.

I used to have tumble driers, did it at collegue, we never even got to see a real one, they just went through the manufacturers instructions with us, asked a few questions and that was it, only ever seen and worked on one gas one, apart from that i've never needed it, I wouldn't renew but if you can get a few in one place, i.e holiday park it might be worth getting.

The only laundry appliances I ever look at are tumble driers, I didn't know that dry cleaning machines worked on gas.

To be honest Mike, they don't !! But according to my mate when he can get someone to come and have a look they're normally Gas service engineers that cover all laundry equipment so my mistake ..lol.

doing my commercial laundry acs next week along with my commercial catering changeover and comcat 1, 2, 3 and 5. Went to a large care home on Saturday where they want me to do a certificate for their 3 boilers, range and 2 gas tumble dryers. The range cooker and dryers are on catering hoses. Already got a few customers with commercial catering appliances so after the course I'll go around all the hotels and restaurants I can. We will be the only business in our town qualified for commercial laundry so should pick up more work from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Laundry qualifications in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock