Discuss Keston c36 no CH in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

welg

Hi
Have keston c36 have had E11 error every few weeks but no major problems, now no CH water ok. Sometime water runs cold and rads heat up other times water is fine.. So does this mean pump or DV issue..

Had service few months ago and was told rads might have sludge as cold at bottom hot at top

A novice so please be gently :0.. Any thoughts

Your boiler sounds in very poor health E11 i believe means flow and return sensors upset, coupled with sludge in radiators I imagine the insides of your boiler are kaput, pump, diverter,heat exchanger, sensors. You many be looking at a new boiler and a powerflush of the system. You could get it repaired but years of running on sludgy water will have taken its toll and over time could cost more in repairs than a new one plus the annoyance of unreliability.

Your boiler sounds in very poor health E11 i believe means flow and return sensors upset, coupled with sludge in radiators I imagine the insides of your boiler are kaput, pump, diverter,heat exchanger, sensors. You many be looking at a new boiler and a powerflush of the system. You could get it repaired but years of running on sludgy water will have taken its toll and over time could cost more in repairs than a new one plus the annoyance of unreliability.

Can it be that bad is a new build flat about 5 years old.

You need to get a gsr eng to have a look for you, could be something simple or could be sludge, best to get a expert in to advise, you may be better off changing the boiler if its in poor condition, as some of the parts for kestons cost an arm and a leg!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Keston c36 no CH in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Back