Search the forum,

Discuss Keston Boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Are there any particular quirks to these boilers? Heard about them on my ACS Training course but seen my first one today. An existing customer who has moved into a house with them. How reliable are they in general?? Just want to learn a wee bit about the common faults with them before I head over on Friday.

Pressure was done to 0 bars as well when I popped out today. The whole heating system is UFH on a first floor flat. I reckon that rules out any leak from the pipework or the neighbours below would have been knocking by now. My bet is leaky heat exchanger :)

**** and watch the flues / small leaks as they will kill it

Have been a subsiduary of Ideal for some years now. Recent models may be re-badged Ideals.

Fair few round here simply advice customer to remove terrible boilers. Parts are silly expense got quoted a pump which comes as full block at about 400 quid while back. Also pcbs fail for fun and gas likes to leak around combustion chamber .

remove replace repeat every time you see one.

Two in a nursing home
Over 8 years I replaced every part inc heat ex, the only thing left was case, that was rusty !
I've stumbled across a few in my time and they've all been crap.

In my opinion of course. I should point out that, there are other crap boilers available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Keston Boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock