Search the forum,

Discuss Issues with thermostatic shower running cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dannyc

Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice with my shower.

I have a Triton thermostatic/mixer shower with a fixed shower head that is fed from a combi-boiler. The shower is about 4 years old and the combi-boiler is 3 years old.

The issue I'm having is that over the last few months the temperature of the water from the shower drastically drops and then takes a very long time to warm up (sometimes it doesn't even get warm again).

I'm only in a little 2-bed terrace so would assume the combi-boiler (WB Greenstar 30si) should be able to run a shower without any problems.

My thoughts are that either:

1) the filter in the mixing unit may need cleaning inside the shower unit
2) there's something else I can't think of!

I know it's January and bloody cold out but haven't had major problems like this before.

Any help you can offer would be much appreciated!

Thanks
Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Dan and welcome along. Does the temperature fluctuate at any other outlet or just the shower. I would suspect that the thermostatic cartridge in your shower is faulty and may need descaling or replacing

Hi Dan and welcome along. Does the temperature fluctuate at any other outlet or just the shower. I would suspect that the thermostatic cartridge in your shower is faulty and may need descaling or replacing

Hi Riley,

Thanks for the reply.

There is sometimes a slight fluctuation from other outlets depending on how much demand there has been on the hot water supply but it always corrects itself very quickly once the boiler kicks in.

I will have a look into the thermostatic cartridge as you've suggested.

Thanks!

Was the shower fitted before the boiler or after? You may have the wrong cartridge in the shower. Eg cartridge for Gravity not Combi

Was the shower fitted before the boiler or after? You may have the wrong cartridge in the shower. Eg cartridge for Gravity not Combi

We had the shower fitted with an older system that had a hot water tank and gravity feed but the boiler was replaced a year later so that sounds like it may be the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Issues with thermostatic shower running cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock