Discuss iPhone apps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jonespual

Hello I am new to this forum.
I have started to work for my self for the last six months,with my old company I used a PDA to do cp12 and hold boiler manuals on.
I recently got a IPhone for Christmas and have downloaded a a few apps Gas rate calculator (very handy) Gascertuk ( very good).
Ihave also seen a app called gas installer work mate not sure yet
Have any of you got theses apps and do you rate them

only got the gas rate app , i use to use the iphone for manuals but ended up getting an ipad which i only use now and again but handy to have if one gets stuck

i to used to use my iPhone......text to small so now use an iPad, would hate to be without it these days.

bob

Yes I know what you mean , If you are ever in doubt you can always check things on it , This was my main reason for buying it as a work tool , it costs me £10 a month on top of my iphone which is sod all £120 a year plus the cost itself , but a few jobs paid for it. So far it is paying for itself but to be honest i rarely use it at the minute lol hopefully that will change soon

gas installer work mate is about 40quid, its a boiler manual app for i phone

Try Invoice to Go for quotes and invoices, I use it all the time saves time and postage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

now that is two questions I would like to ask please ,Do you have anything to record where and when you have been to different places also how easy is tapatalk on the iphone or does it have to be on the ipad

Try downloading pages and numbers, 6.99 each, pages is a word processor and numbers is a spreadsheet, both really good, ideal for keeping track of things, it can also do invoices and quotes, although I preface invoice 2 go.

Thats interesting to know unfortunately I dont need to do many invoices anymore maybe one a month or so ,as lost all my estate agents work due to being undercut , but sometimes just write invoice out on headed paper , take a photo and email it to customer with bank details etc saves all this cheque in the post rubbish , works for me

That one way to do it!lol, invoice 2 go is only a few quid off the app store, well worth it.

The apps are ok but there are no commercial settings in any of them, despite several requests to the app developer.

Invoice 2go for definite
Goodreader is a very good app for reading manuals etc, without needing 3g/phone signal

Graham

Anyone know the app for technical bulletins for iphone? apparently its now available im led to believe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to iPhone apps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Heatmiser UH8-RF controlling my underfloor heating, connected to the NeoHub with three zones with NeoStat v1 thermostats. This is about...
Replies
Views
Just saying hello. I'm an electrical engineer restoring a house in Germany trying to work out a range of different things least of all German...
Replies
Views
Hello I have a NEST with Viessmann system boiler with unvented cylinder. I have a mid position and two position valve I thought the mid...
Replies
Views
I have a bathroom in my first-floor loft conversion. The header tank for the vented boiler is located as high as possible but the sink tap is just...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have recently had a conservatory installed, covering the full length of the kitchen. I have just failed my gas safety inspection due to...
Replies
Views
Back