Discuss Internal soil stack leaking in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I have an internal soil stack which seems to be missing the rubber seal where it joins clay drain. Due to having limited access to the pipe and also the fact it’s boxed in by the kitchen I’m looking for an idea of what I can use. I did place denso tape around which has done the job for about a year but it’s leaking again.
Thanks

Attachments

• E128526C-277E-4C90-9DFF-B2CB28B2825F.jpeg
    E128526C-277E-4C90-9DFF-B2CB28B2825F.jpeg
    151.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1455.MOV
    15.5 MB
whats the soil drain being used for eg soak away or main drainage ?

i would cement it in as the fitting looks like it used for that

That's a saltglaze pipe collar pack it out with a little twist of newspaper and using prompt cement fill in the remaining gap smooth off with a lightly damp sponge as the cement dries......regards Turnpin

Reply to Internal soil stack leaking in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock