Search the forum,

Discuss Integrity of "out of service" Central Heating System in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello.

We bought a house (Nice, France) that is currently heated/cooled by Daiken reversable aircon....cooling in summer is excellent...heating in winter is Rubbish.

The Daiken aircon was installed five years ago but the owners left in the old water radiators.

The original oil boiler was also removed.

I want to get the radiators up and running....we will keep the existing air con for summer cooling.

I am looking to get one of these installed, high temperature air to water temperature heat pump so the rads will run at 70C and we get hot water.

BUT before I get someone here to rip us off do an install I want to do some upfront work to see if the old rads and pipework are still OK...if you think there are cowboys in the UK come down here..

Any suggestions what I can do to see if pipework and rads are OK ?

House was built in 1970....pipework will be copper ?

Two pictures attached....old oil boiler connections in floor and rad piccy.

Thanks for your time !

88B9C2A6-EF2C-4968-80D4-3FB678426A6D.jpeg
BFD57BC3-AF88-4571-AFCE-3E45CC5EE7B2_1_201_a.jpeg

High temperature and air source don’t work in the same sentence tbh if you want your existing rads to work best to install a boiler

The pipework to the radiator looks like iron, no obvious compresion nut, but may just have an internal nut.
A magnet will prove iron or not.

As Shaun, the claim is up to 70c even with low outdoor temps.
Personally I wouldn't be relying on that, I'd want radiators and pipework calculated for a lower flow temp.

Also I wouldn't want to spend the cost of a Heat pump and install and stick it on 50 year old pipework, whether copper or not.

What electrical supply to the propery do you have, is it enought to add the heat pump on top of your existing load.
From what I've seen heard about properties in Franc the supply is generally small and upgrtading is quite often not possible especialy if rural.

Looking at U.K suppliers the Daikin 3 HHT is out of stock everywhere.

Is there any Grant assistance for Heat pumps in France?

The pipework to the radiator looks like iron, no obvious compresion nut, but may just have an internal nut.
A magnet will prove iron or not.

As Shaun, the claim is up to 70c even with low outdoor temps.
Personally I wouldn't be relying on that, I'd want radiators and pipework calculated for a lower flow temp.

Also I wouldn't want to spend the cost of a Heat pump and install and stick it on 50 year old pipework, whether copper or not.

What electrical supply to the propery do you have, is it enought to add the heat pump on top of your existing load.
From what I've seen heard about properties in Franc the supply is generally small and upgrtading is quite often not possible especialy if rural.

Looking at U.K suppliers the Daikin 3 HHT is out of stock everywhere.

Is there any Grant assistance for Heat pumps in France?
Thanks for reply…
With one exception pipework is iron.
The Diaken 3HHT is in stock here and we have a three phase supply so power is not a problem..,
I can’t really resize rads for low temp as we have some huge rooms…
As to the Daiken HT unit I don’t see why it can’t do 70C…it only does the ‘first’ 40C as a heat pump, the rest is direct heat like an immersion…and we don’t have town gas.
Is iron pipework an issue ? Corrosion??

Because it going to cost you loads to run

Reply to Integrity of "out of service" Central Heating System in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock