Discuss Inhibitor for 50 rads in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

emergencyman

I've just done a drain down to repair a rad valve in a big building. There are 50 hospital radiators on 3 floors and recently added underfloor heating on the ground floor. Its a one pipe system in steel with most of the pipework in 2". I filled it back up on Friday and the tank was filling for 3 hours. I am going back Monday to check all is well and finish off bleeding the radiators. Any ides how much inhibitor to add? Thanks

More than 1l thats for sure! Both fernox and sentinel say bottle for each 100l of system volume if that helps.

Cast iron rads and 2" pipe will kill the system volume though. I'd have looked at the water meter whilst refilling personally.

That's a really good idea Roger, I wish Id have thought of that on Friday, but its a bit late now. Assuming the ballvalve was filling like a tap on low for 3 hours call it 5L/Min that's 900 litres, that's 9 bottles, so Gassmanxx wasn't far off with 7. Do my sums sound about right?

You'll need more than seven, a bottle normally does eight to ten rads. So on a normal system yes. But school rads and two inch pipe, no. I'd be at thirteen or there abouts.

Or invest in a sentinel test kit.

Chuck in about 7 or 8 bottles, leave it a while and go back and test it. Add more if necessary.

Thanks all. Just one more question, will the Sentinell test kit work on the unbranded stuff? I assume its all the same, so I am tempted to use the £5 a litre stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Inhibitor for 50 rads in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a question that I’m hoping those of you who are experienced central heating engineers may be abler to throw some light on. But first I need...
Replies
Views
My Mother-in-law was quoted £1,000 by British Gas to do a power flush on her system as her rads aren't performing well. I was wondering, as 4...
Replies
Views
G
I've just bought a 3-floor house with a gas boiler on the ground floor and hot water tank on the middle floor. When I switch on the hot water at...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an 20yrs heat only potterton 50e boiler with 196x old house - suspended floor - designer radiators, open vent system and hot water...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock