Search the forum,

Discuss Immersion tank replace or fix in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chrissie 70

My elderly mum has an immersion tank that has been cold for 6 months. She has oil fired central heating with a thermostat/timer for heating only. There was hot water before but not sure how it was heated. I have had an electrican look at the thermostat and plumber also checked but cannot fix the problem. Would it just be easier to replace the immersion tank with new thermostat , but does the hot water get heated by the boiler in the garage but because maybe of fault with tank not store the hot water. I dont understand does the hot water then go direct to the radiators only ? Confused what to do next can anyone explain how this works. Thank you :disappointed:

Welcome to the forum :)

I think you need to get a different plumber/heating engineer. It could be a couple of issues.

If you post your location in the country, there may be somebody on here who could go and have a look.

If it's a timer for heating only, sounds like gravity hot water primaries. You need someone who knows what they are doing with these. Has she had any work done on the system recently? Was it a sudden stop or gradual?

probably the ball valve in the header tank stuck up go in the loft and look at the small tanks it probably empty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Immersion tank replace or fix in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock