Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Logic Combi 35 (F1 Message) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andyjp1

Hi All,

After the "Shock" of jumping into a freezing cold shower this morning it prompted me to go and check the boiler. The LED was flashing a F1 message, something i've never seen before?
I switched the boiler on and off and it's done the trick for now but obviously dont want it to breakdown completely with a new born in the house.

Does anyone know what I should do to fix this?

I've been in this new build property for 14 months now and I think that I was meant to get the boiler serviced after 1 year to keep the warranty of the boiler valid but I didnt (Totally forgot)
So im guessing im not covered with Persimmon for the boiler anymore??

Also i've been looking at getting some form of boiler cover, any decent company's anyone recommend?

Thanks in advance!

I believe F1 is low water pressure, you'll need to top up the boiler. Welcome to the forum :)

Peronally wouldn't bother with boiler cover. Get your boiler serviced, only 2 month out, they should be fine. Have it serviced every year. Some logics come with a 7 year warranty. Good boilers. You will spend less on the boiler over its life time than you would on cover.

Pressure needs to be topped up, use the filling loop underneath the boiler.. Is on the right and it should be a blue & black valve.. Top it up to 1bar, the gauge is on the left hand side under the boiler.

Last edited:
Pressure needs to be topped up, use the filling loop underneath the boiler.. Is on the right and it should be a blue & black valve.. Top it up to 1bar, the gauge is on the left hand side under the boiler.
Wheres the filling loop? I can see the blue and black valves...

Far 2 pipes on the right side under the boiler, then the blue & black valves close to the front of the boiler.. The filling loop should not be left connected so if it hasn't then connect it, but if it has been left on just turn both on until you reach 1-1.5Bar then close. (filling loop looks like a chrome elbow & a flexi bend, connecting both pipes)

Far 2 pipes on the right side under the boiler, then the blue & black valves close to the front of the boiler.. The filling loop should not be left connected so if it hasn't then connect it, but if it has been left on just turn both on until you reach 1-1.5Bar then close. (filling loop looks like a chrome elbow & a flexi bend, connecting both pipes)
oh yeah I see that, it's not connected to anything but not sure what to connect it to. It's also leaking ever so slightly since I turned the valves..

image.jpg
Far two pipes on the right front valves

next question: I have increased pressureto 1.5 bar but boiler is still not working?

well, you need to turn back the Return pipe valve to the ON position:)

so after trying to connect the filling loop it looks as thou it's a tad too small to connect fully as it leaks out as its at an angle when plugged in. Typical mitie. Currently waiting for them to call me and come out to fix the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Logic Combi 35 (F1 Message) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock